1 inch Risers and Helibars

TRALL

Registered
Question to comfirm this mod./application will work and if I would need to change brake and clutch cables or anything. I did a search and did not come up with answer.???

I am looking at buying Soupy's 1 inch bar risers and Helibars to provide the most comfort and positioning. Will this set-up work without moving clutch and brake cables or do I have to change those out if I do this combonation?

Also if anyone is running this combo., Do you like it? Did it help alot with comfort on long road trips.

I own a K9.

Thanks,
Anthony (TRALL)

http://www.soupysperformance.com/catalog/item/4408900/4406891.htm

http://www.helibars.com/products-by-bike/suzuki

I have the Helibars, and YES they help alot. But not the risers. With the Helibars I didn't need any extended cables, although I did change to steel braided lines at the time. Bought them from Charles at Street n Track (one of our Sponsors) and could have had him send custom length lines. I'am fairly sure you'll need extended lines if you use both .
Just Call Charles, he'll help you out :beerchug:

I have JUST a 1.25" riser and my brake line are to the max and at full lock pulls on choke cable ... I like the idea of changing to the steel braided line also....

I have 3/4" riser with Helibars (2008) - just fits with some touch of windscreen when go full side to side lock on steering - not sure that 1" riser would work without some modification -

I just installed Heli Bars last night and it made a very noticable difference. It's quick and simple with no line changes needed. I would suggest you do the Heli Bars first and if more is needed go for the risers.

If you don't need the risers after all then you have more money to spend on something else (for your bike).

To verify if the brake line length is good you need to fully extend the front shocks and make sure the brake lines still have slack. Easiest done with a front wheel stand that lifts from under the steering stem (not the axle). You dont want to have the lines pulled tight when you lift the front wheel on acceleration or large bumps in the road.

I did Soupys risers and stock line length will barely clear the fully extended length. If you add Heli and risers the lines will be too short.

Back