Top 10 best motorcycle engines....

I guess these guys can have an opinion as much as anyone else can.....I would have to say I'm pretty surprised the GS1100 engine isn't on the list as I think it pretty much dominated drag racing for quite a few years? The CB750 is a good choice but the RD/RZ350 is missing as well.....even if it was a top 50 list you would still be missing out on some amazing engines so I guess you can't complain too much about this list.

:rofl:The 98 R1 made it and the Busa didn't?:rofl: Come on, all of the 70's engines where good for the time, but really, the R1?:rofl:

Yeah, that's the one that got me into sportbikes, "one day.....one day, I'll have one".

Classic, it turned me from my evil ways...Kawasaki:laugh: (not mine pictured)

91GSXR11003.jpg

The Ducati is a sound to behold, BUT, and this is a big BUT, they appear to eat themselves a lot....

The CB750 and the C90 I can see in the top 2....but I cant believe that Ducati engine is
1st. I'm surprised there are none of the BMW twin engines in the top 10 .....and a Harley engine made it!? ??? :moon:

And the Honda NSR500 engine wasn't something you could just pick up at your local dealer!:laugh: They should have kept all race engines out of it.

I don't believe it was about speed, availability, or beauty. It was about Innovation and in some cases being first. Good list, sounds about right. The Ducati engine is an engineering masterpiece................

No Vincent Black Shadow?!?

What a joke.

The Black Shadow is one of the most prized, valuable and collectible bikes in the world....and it's mostly because of its glorious engine, whose performance was truly impressive for its day.

hells yaah! go desmo! oops sorry.... bad, boooOOooo!!! can't help it I'm a motorcycle *****. I'll ride anything that i really like, I have no loyalties to one brand. guess this means I cannot be a true ducatista.

If only those 1100's had a 6th gear. Stupid 5 speed tranny. Love those bikes though!

Looking at this article on Wikipedia to familiarize myself with Desmodromic valve trains, I come to the conclusion that they may have been fantastic once, but technology is moving on.

What about the CBR1100xx engine, smooth as silk with its new counter-balancers and they last forever.

I would love to have one of those NSR 500 engines! I would trade my busa away for one! I know blasphemy!! Blasphemy!!! :laugh:

Back