So I went down...

merisey

Donating Member
Registered
as I remember the set up was like this (someone correct me if I'm wrong) I came through a 30mph left up a quick roller coaster hump and then into a hard U turn to the right... I must have missed the sign for the hard u. I topped the hill saw the turn and though "oh shnit!" I was already in my own head over the previous incident and learning that I had no damper on my bike so I chose to just get off the road and out of the way for the riders behind me. I slowed fine and my front was about 1' from the grass then I locked the rear it fished and my front slid in the grass..... down I go. I was up and had my bike half up when Drew hopped off to help up. All is fine for me! I left with a bruise on my hip from a pocket knife. The sled....ehhhh, no biggie. Scratched the right and a little on the nose. I actually have a right in the basement already, was piecing together a full set for paint over the winter to replace cheap China plastics(on bike now).
So no major loss. Overall had a good ride though, much better after I got out of my own head though. And met a lot of great busa brothers... and sister.
ry%3D400.jpg

Now on the look out for a right side caliper setup.... If anyone removed one or has one let me know! I probably could have gotten stopped before the gravel if I had that little extra umph ( I guess that's debatable though) :banghead:

OUCH! Get that thing set up correctly again. Good luck on the repaint and glad you weren't hurt.

Glad your OK

Funny thing is by the looks of the pic, That could actually be a custom paint job

heres the corner on google earth

devilselbow.jpg

and did anyone notice the route # we were riding on??....lol

Glad you had those crappy plastics on there and that you weren't hurt (not necessarily in that order).

:beerchug:

Glad you're ok, and it's just cosmetic damage. But I really, really respect the "no biggie" attitude.

Sorry about the get-off. Glad to hear that you're OK.

heres the corner about 30 sec before it happened...and theres the people with the dogs that were in the road

Last edited by a moderator:
I was right behind you, dude you were supposed to tell every one that those marks were just air from the slip stream...lol Just glad no one got really hurt. Two guys dumping in 20 minutes was wearing thin for me. Those dudes can ride!!

heres the corner about 30 sec before it happened...and theres the people with the dogs that were in the road

Can't really tell, but looks like alot of sand on the road, always makes for a bad day.

Last edited by a moderator:
no sand..gravel periodicly due to rain....i gave the safety speech before we went on due to the hard rain.

I was RIGHT behind you, seeing your rear tire fishtailin' and seeing the gravel in front of you, I was already slowing down just in case.

Back