Changing oil / Not Backfiring

Speed King

Banned
I changed the oil yesterday and it just seems like everything runs a lot more smoothly, shifting, everything.

Before I changed the oil it would backfire when I decelerate. Would changing oil have anything to do with it not backfiring?

backfiring is usually related to the engine's tune, don't see how an oil change can affect it.

oil changes can protect the engine,,I use conventional oil and dump it every 6 months or 1000 to 1500 which ever comes first,,i dont do alot of long rideing and At 6 and a half yrs my bike has 8700 on it,,,about an average of 12 to 13 hundred miles a yr,,,,,,,,,,,vecosity is the key,,,it leave the oil with age [after 6 months ] you lose the vecosity,,,or at 3000 [ rough estamate] ,,but it more depends on how you ride it,,and if your in town alot,,the higher heat and or higher rpms,,kills the vecosity,,,,alot of guys rum synthetic,,,,,back to your question,,,it does make abig difference in gear changeing and smoothness and even putting it in gear from neutral at a stand still,,you dont hear that bang,,,,,,as for the backfire,,,I think its a secoundary issue but changeing the oil can help in alot of ways,,to be positive,,,,,,also better gas mileage,,,when vecosity leaves the motor,,friction is the result of high heat on a unprotective engine,,,metal swells and theres goes the gas mileage and HP,,any drag on the crank lose3s HP,,and when the pistons swell and get tight,,,theres trouble,,,backfires ussually involve [nut not always,,in the fire more than the fuel,ie; out of sync TB,,but its a factor too,and a leaking exhaust will cause a backfire too,,another issue is the guys who run the dogsnot out of their bikes and over rev and hold it into the upper R's too long,,,their bike will " Crap " out like crazy,,,,such as like they have stretched everything there isinside the motor,,,,That video that was posted was a perfect example,,,the turbo org member sat there calm and collective,,,his competition kept doing burn outs and he looked noivce[sp],,,,,,and youcould tell by the sound of his bike,,he paid for it dearly to thetune of 500 bucks,,,his bike when he left the line,,,crapped out all the way down the track,,,sounded like he was making popcorn,,and the turbo org memeber had eveough time to stop and make a grill cheese sandwich,,,,,,,,Its ok to run a car or bike,,it knowing when to let off of it or when to change,,and to do preventive maintainence,,,,,,,,,

Back