don't buy from Faringzone

oldsmoker1

Registered
I thought everyone shoulld know about my experience with Faringzone.com, and the guy who ownes it dan wang. WHAT A CROOK! I purchased a fairing kit from him for my 2009 Hayabusa, and the two main pieces for the right hand side were damaged, one had a main mounting bracket broken off, and the other has a big chip in it. When I notified them of the damage they first denied selling me the kit. After I sent them a copy of the receipt in several emails they finially admitted selling me the kit, and said they would replace the one piece with the damaged mounting bracket, but said the other piece looked more like it had paint on it than a chip. I sent them several pictures of the damage part, but never heard back from them. I am now in a dispute with them thru pay pal, save yourself all this trouble, and deal with someone else who is a little more honest.

Thanks for the info... sorry to hear about your bad experience. Hopefully everything gets resolved soon.

My guess is that a trip halfway around the world during shipping isn't going to be friendly on any kind of plastic goods...which is basically the reason I'll never order anything from Asia unless it's absolutely necessary.
My nephew bought a set of these for his Gixxer two years ago. It took FOREVER for him to get them, to begin with. He,too, had a couple broken/bent tabs, missing clips, fitment issues, etc.
Quality has never really been a strong point in that industry in that area of the world, which is why I try and stay away. If they're similar to the one's my nephew had, it's kinda like a Picasso...from far away, it looks great, but the closer you get the more flaws you'll surely find. Plus, the only way anyone could possibly hold a company like that from China accountable is to stop buying fairings from them, and really, how often do people buy multiple sets of fairings? If and when they do, since the prices are outrageous to begin with, they look for the cheapest price hands down because they're usually having to replace other parts as well.
Best of luck to you.

Located in China ??? nuff said Sorry for your bad experience but thanks for looking out for fellow riders.

Good luck getting that resolved.

It's like we all have enough to do without having to interact with lameness.

and two old sayings continue to prove true:

"you get what you pay for"

"if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"

Back