Bent Key!!!

Jza

Registered
OMG... was in middle of no where on holiday on 'Busa and managed to put my tank bag back on to bike while the key was still in fuel cap :banghead: (tiredness does that to you lol) whilst filling up the bike... bent it 90 degs.

I managed to bend it back very carefully to the point where it would start the bike... PHEW i would have been screwed if it snapped.

Question is.. whats the best way of getting it back dead straight (i cant apply steering lock with it as it is).. ?

Any help much appreciated :)

Jza

Personally I would take that key in and have a new one made or order one from Suzuki, however you need to do it. Now that it's been stressed from bending, it could break at any time. IMHO, not a good idea to keep using it as it is.
Cheers

New key no doubt,,,If you want real trouble,,let it break off real deep in the switch , to where the tumblers wont let go of it,,,,,thats a mightmare,,,,if you got the bike new,,,you have a spare,,or just take the little black tag to the dealer or just take the key,,,they dont cut them,,,they come factory new already,,the # will tell him which key you need,,either way,,I concur with the above advice,,,,dont push your luck on this one,,,,,,,,I lost a key 4 yrs ago,,although ,I had a spare,,I replaced it,,,quick,,you should always have a 2nd key,,

Last edited:
+1 on a new key. The first item I pack with me when taking a trip on the busa is the SPARE key. I wear it around my neck on a hayabusa.org key chain available from Captain!:thumbsup:

My key got ran over by a car and bent not 90 degrees but it wouldnt go in. I bent it back and still use it works fine.

Back