Smashed my fuel tank with a ladder

racerV

Did you say something?
Donating Member
Registered
As I was hauling her to PA in my Command Center, the ladder for the bunk bed that I forgot to secure landed on the gas tank and banged her up pretty good. I was wondering if anyone had an 09 black or 08 orange tank that they would be able to give up without killing me cost wise. I can't believe how sick it made me feel when I found it.

I have a friend who dropped is Black 09 and is looking to replace everything...Tank is supposedly OK...

If I get an answer I will have a PM to you...otherwise good luck on your search.

Oh man, very sorry John. I would be sick too. Will ask around here and see if anyone has one.

oh man that sucks, sory to hear that.

Have you thought of having a body shop fix it maybe?
I have never heard positive feedback on repaired tanks. I think the expansion and contraction due to temperatures makes it impossible for bondo to work.

I have no first hand expierience with this but I think they have ways of doing it without using bondo. Something about welding something to the tank and then pulling the dents out. I know I've heard something about it before...

Sorry. I would be in pain too. I can tell you that my tank had a dent in it. We repaired it, and I have been riding for two years with no issues. My dent was on the top near the tree. Post a pic of the dent and maybe we can tell you if it is repairable or not.

I heard something about blowing out dents with compressed air. Not sure if this is an option. Sorry for the mishap.

Sorry to hear that. It must have sucked walking in to the command center.

Good luck finding a new tank.

Ouch! Sorry to hear, John. I have a dent in mine. Some SOB put it there while I was at the CROT 3 years ago... I fixed it...by putting a Bagster tank cover on! Covers the dent and holds the bag. Perfect!

sorry to hear this, hope you find a replacement soon :beerchug:

im sorry to hear that man....does this mean we count you out for haya's this weekend?

im sorry to hear that man....does this mean we count you out for haya's this weekend?
I don't recall that I said I was going. I go home every weekend as I am not home during the week.

aww bummer...thought since "home" was only about a hour from our meet point we might see ya....sorry bout the missunderstanding oh i see now...you work in cranberry...again my bad...

Last edited:
Here are the photos...

DSCN0680.jpg

DSCN0681.jpg

DSCN0682.jpg

Back