Why lower?

surt

Registered
Hi guys,

Never really paid it much though before I owned a busa but it seems like lowering is a big topic here.

To be honest I'm not certain why someone would do it.

All I can think of (assuming both front and read is lowered the same distance) is that it makes the bike easier to flick around corners (lower COG?), and maybe a bit better for shorter riders. And it looks better.

Is that about right?

no the bike will not turn better lowered. two main reasons people lower, keep the front wheel down for drag racing and looks. it also helps a little with top end stability. maybe a few for comfort, but i have a 30" inseam and can manage a stock height bike pretty well.

I have a NIB front and rear that I cant sell,,,,,70 bucks TYD,,,[S, 1 1/2 -3 ] for the rear and 1 inch up front,,,70/75 billit aluminum,,,,,I wont lie to you,,,the busa is 4.7 inches from the factory,,,,but the kit is yours if you want it,,,,and the upper post is correct,,,it helps keep the frontend down when launching,,and gives you a slight edge on top end,,and thats it,,,,other than that,its a good way to bust a oil pan on the street,,,,,,,

Helps keep front end down.

Might help stand flat footed at stop sign

Will help stability at higher speeds

And looks soooooo sweet.

Mine came lowered, would trade parts for stock height with someone in a heartbeat
Posted via Mobile Device

Hi guys,

Never really paid it much though before I owned a busa but it seems like lowering is a big topic here.

To be honest I'm not certain why someone would do it.

All I can think of (assuming both front and read is lowered the same distance) is that it makes the bike easier to flick around corners (lower COG?), and maybe a bit better for shorter riders. And it looks better.

Is that about right?

Won't help the cornering, parts start scraping sooner. Some people lower it for looks others like me lowered it out necessity some of us do not reach the floor other wise

i lowered mine cause its more comfortable to me and it also looks bad ass too, but it takes more effort in turning. but u get use to it

Strikes me as odd that it would be harder to corner with it lower since you don't need much counter steering to turn any bike.

Anyone got some before/after pics?

BTW does anyone know if sleepless_red's bike lowered? He posted recently about swapping it for a gen2 but I couldn't put my finger on what it was that made that bike so totally badass, maybe lowering?

Sleepless' bike is lowered. there should be pics of mine in my profile.

Mine came lowered, would trade parts for stock height with someone in a heartbeat
Posted via Mobile Device

I have some stock links you can have, just cover the shipping.

my mom has a lowered zx6r, it handles like mud. when I need to ride it I rasie it back to stock height.

Back