cush drive install help

PocketRocket

Donating Member
Registered
hey guys , I'm try'in to install the cush drive to the rim. I am using the red sensei rubbers.. I have the rubbers installed and placed the cush drive on the rim but cant get it to go in, I'm 220 lbs and standing on it & it still wont budge? Does anyone have some advise that might help? I'm also doing a sprocket( both ) change out and chain.. Maybe I'll take some pictures:) Anyway any help with the Cush drive would be Great !

hey pocket..read my upper post,,when you get done urs...swing by my house with your 220 butt and help me install mine,,,,,,,,,,,,,Im gonna upgrade when I swap out mine,,I was told that the red ones could be a bear to install,,but there was zero slop and they lasted longer,,,,,,,,,p,s..how did you know your were shot?

Last edited:
No , wasnt sure if it would cause any issues..I'll go try it now.. Thanks

no i had too. the direction i had said to if it is too tight. i got mine in but could get the bearings and spacers in the arm without using the lube on them.

Ok , Now It goes together But when I step back off of it it pops up! ( wont stay together) So I wiped it back down and still pops up.. nuk nuk nuk I feel like 3( 1) stooges mechanic shop. To answer Bruce i bought these a long while back from ?? Smith( sponsor) I think around $60.00

pocket rocket;;;;
when u give up,,send them over to me and ive give ya 40 bucks for them and my old cushes,,,,,,,,LOL:poke:

I just put my new ones in about 2 weeks ago and 225 lbs of myself on there didnt do it, so I called the oldest child over and he stepped on it and we put the hub right in. If you dont have son that large and cant wait 22 years, then call a friend. Lol
Good luck.

IMG_6884.jpg

I just put my new ones in about 2 weeks ago and 225 lbs of myself on there didnt do it, so I called the oldest child over and he stepped on it and we put the hub right in. If you dont have son that large and cant wait 22 years, then call a friend. Lol
Good luck.

Hold a gallon of water, your only 5lbs shy:laugh:

I used a big zip tie to hold the wheel together and then installed the wheel and cut the tie...worked like a charm. :thumbsup:

Or use a couple small ones linked or even string should work...

Yea My skinny 220lbs , can get it together but It wont stay .. I'll try some sort of clamp or something tomorrow.. C ya .. Thanks guys

u try putting them on the sprocket first then put it in the wheel so all u ahve to do is get the lil nipples in ?

Lube the snot out of it. It'll go. I drove mine in with a brass mallet. If you're dragging the bike, I'd reccommend 3 stock(even if they're shot) and 3 reds. All 6 red make everything VERY stiff and may put a hurting on your trans if it's not already undercut.
Posted via Mobile Device

HUH Wild , I never heard of that !! But thats an interesting point. I dont really Drag - but dont want any trans damage either . maybe I'll do 3 reds and 3 stocks as a safety measure. Thanks.

Back