Types of pants to wear in the summer

platinumnj

Registered
Hello Boards again... I want to know what kind of pants do you all wear in the summer months... I'm not sure if I should rock some jeans or loose baggy leathers...LOL

While I wear regular old jeans I have been looking at some Kevlar ones and even would wear some thing like leathers if I could afford either . I live in South Florida where it is hotter and with more humidity than anywhere and as many here say
"Sweat washes off but roadrash doesn't"

Many here wear full leathers in summer for same reason .
Wear the most protective heaviest duty pants you can stand healthwise . I cannot tell you how many folks I see here with just shorts, T Shirt and sneakers on and I just think about how they would feel and look if God forbid they go down . Oh yeah get some nice boots as well .
If you wanna see what road rash looks like even from a slow speed get off just check this thread :
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...59-lost-my-17-year-old-daughter-off-back.html

SHIFT Kevlar reinforced jeans for me (full leathers when riding twisties)

I need some pants for a big and tall guy...Any ideas or vendors... I wanna ride as soon as I get home, but I do want to do it safely you know.

If price isn't a big concern, check out Motoport. I'm hard to fit too, and they'll custom tailor for you. With the liner in, mine are good down to 25 degrees with long johns. Take the line out, and they flow a ton of air for summer time. Really well constructed.

I'm kinda partial to shorts and flip-flops myself... :laugh:

i purchased draggin liners: full length loose knit kevlar "long underwear" including c.e. knee armor. #1: now instead of having only one pair of $100+ motorcycle pants, i can use the liners under any of my regular pants. #2: full length abrasion protection vs. only seat and knee kevlar coverage.

Joe Rocket perforated and armored pants, Technic leather perforated jacket. The weather does not control the hide I will loose. Seriously, you should ride as if you knew that you would need your best equipment. I have seen it too many times. Five Dollar heads and Five Dollar helmets!

depending on the kind of riding im doing i wear some joe rocket blaster 2.0 perforated . not a joe rocket fan im afraid but the pants arent all that bad really

Honestly.. Regardless of the temps, I wear my Astar jacket (partially perf) and my Astar track pants. I've been known to pour a water bottle down the inside of my jacket, and I occasionally have a bandanna around my neck that can be soaked.

Dress for the crash.

I also have a Joe Rocket perf jacket..but I think the Astar is better.

i like dickies double knee. i wear leather chaps too. i may look funny, but ive been down 3 times with these chaps and they saved skin every time. haven't taken the time to buy raceing leather yet.

why is it we buy $10k bikes and want to spend less than $100 on gear?

staying wet=staying cool, skin is soft, and leather leather leather!

full gear, all the time, people often stare when im stopped for refreshments or at the lights thinking why im dressed like that in our hot weather. I know bikers who quit riding during the hotter months because they would not ride without full gear, but i've seen a handful of bikers in shorts and t-shirts as well.

I use teknic perforated leathers, they are comfy.

Back