Got a pair of ER-6i earbuds

notcrazy

Registered
I'd looked at them before, but after seeing some recommendations here I finally pulled the trigger. For the first time I was able to ride and hear music with the volume at a level that doesn't make me worry about hearing loss. They block out the road noise about as well as a good set of ear plugs. No bass to speak of, but between the wind noise and my exhaust, nothing short of an in-helmet subwoofer is going to solve that problem. They have a low profile once they're in, so they stayed in place as I put my helmet on.

Couldn't help but grin, cruising down the highway listening to Moving Pictures :laugh:

Those are the ones that I use. Nothing else fit comfortably in the hear with the helmet on.

I have the set that has the push to talk for the iPhone. I have it set to turn iTunes on and off, and have even answered a call before. Be careful with the wires they are very delicate.

Nice, I went the cheap route and bought skull candy buds. Place them in the ears and loop them behind the ear and over the top. They will hold while slipping the lid on.
Posted via Mobile Device

Love my Etymotic's, one side wint out gotta get a new pair. :thumbsup: Rode 80 miles in a downpour and they made the trip enjoyable.

I had them jammed in far enough that it got uncomfortable - I need to put the bigger triple-flange thingys on them.

I went with the Bose. Most comfortable fit in the world + bass. It sucks a little when taking the helmet off I guess, but is so worth it to me :thumbsup:

I hated the $150 price tag, and had to twist my own arm to buy them, but I knew from reviews & past experience with Bose that they would be the best, and now I'm really glad I bought them.

Skull Candy's are great... If you find them slipping off, just stick on the smallest ear plunger thing on both sides. They're usually around $20.00 and have really decent sound coming out.

These are by far the the best i have heard and used. But price is a killer. Once you hear them you forget about price. Shure SE530

prod_img_se530_l.jpg

I have problems with my Bose falling out of my ears either while putting on my helmet or after. In anycase they don't block out road noise or engine noise very well.

Skull Candy's are great... If you find them slipping off, just stick on the smallest ear plunger thing on both sides. They're usually around $20.00 and have really decent sound coming out.

Agree'd picked up a set with the mic for my droid and I love it. Deft not a motorcycle able comm system by any means but sitting on the side of the road with my helmet on I can call. Also for anyone that is going that route check into the ones with the 11mm driver the mid / low range is impressive!

I have some Big Ears, they weren't cheap but they work great and fit flush with the outside of me ears.

I would love a set that had more bass responce though.

Back