Just got back from the Black Hills of South Dakota

captain

Dis in my way!
Staff member
Administrator
So Uncle Steve and I thought we would pack the families up and take them on a trip to the black hills of SD. We put the bikes into the trailer and headed out with the whole crew. We spent 6 days in Deadwood and had a great time, the wives took the kids out sightseeing during the day while Steve and I rode all day, we all met back up in the late afternoon for a swim and a little hot tub before we headed out for supper. We stayed in a large suite so we were together alot this week...

Here are a few pics from the trip, I think Steve and I put about 800 - 1000 miles on the bikes while we were there....

cap..

Wind Farms in Western Oklahoma
South Dakota 2010 142.jpg

Dodge City, we're getting closer
South Dakota 2010 144.jpg

Custer Park, we ran into some road obstacles.
DSC_4822.jpg

Just pull over and let them move at their own pace.
DSC_4818.jpg

I followed this trailer a looooong way this past week..
South Dakota 2010 159.jpg

We took the boys to a dinasaur museum, my son is a hoot!
DSC_4894.jpg

If memory serves correctly this is on the road from Deadwood to Nemo
DSC_4913.jpg

We snagged this one on 385 headed from Hill City
South Dakota 2010 265.jpg

What a great ride, we had to pull over to take a pic..
DSC_4921.jpg

Crazy horse, we went there at night and got to watch a laser light show on the side of the mountain and then a night blast with pyrotechnics, they only do this twice a year... Very cool indeed....
South Dakota 2010 209.jpg

we pulled over at a gas station on 385 and I snagged this pic while eating some beef jerky and drinking a water.... Wow the easy life!
South Dakota 2010 267.jpg

A pic of Steve on the way to Rapid City on the back roads.
South Dakota 2010 394.jpg

We took the boys out for Daddy Day and we suprised them by renting a pontoon boat with a slide.. We fished and swam all day, what a great adventure to be able to do with your son... Steve was promoted temporarily from Uncle to Captain while he drove the boat...
South Dakota 2010 384.jpg

trolling for trout, we caught one! all day...
South Dakota 2010 353.jpg

Just wanted to let everyone know that we went to Sturgis on sportbikes and we got some crazy looks.... We made it inside McDonalds and we wanted to let you all know that the inside is the same as any other McDonalds in the country...
South Dakota 2010 388.jpg

One of Uncle Steve's old friends a motorcycle officer from Rapid City rode with us on Wed...
South Dakota 2010 399.jpg

The Nemo SD general store....
South Dakota 2010 261.jpg

This is the store and marina for Pictola Lake
DSC_4925.jpg

South Dakota 2010 142.jpg

South Dakota 2010 144.jpg

DSC_4822.jpg

DSC_4818.jpg

South Dakota 2010 159.jpg

DSC_4894.jpg

DSC_4913.jpg

South Dakota 2010 265.jpg

DSC_4921.jpg

South Dakota 2010 209.jpg

South Dakota 2010 267.jpg

South Dakota 2010 394.jpg

South Dakota 2010 384.jpg

South Dakota 2010 353.jpg

South Dakota 2010 388.jpg

South Dakota 2010 399.jpg

South Dakota 2010 261.jpg

DSC_4925.jpg

Last edited:
That looks like it was one hell of a trip.

Glad to see you home safe and sound,

If anyone has been to any of the places that I posted please let us know that you have been there too... Maybe you have a photo in front of the same store or statue...

Here is a pic of the lake that I took from the Stampede trip from last year. Steve and I agreed that we should bring our families back to this place....

pictola-09.jpg

pictola-09.jpg

did you get a chance to ride iron moutain road?? pigtail bridges, and a picture frame of rushmore, my favorite road in south dakota!
thanks for shareing the pics.:thumbsup:

did you get a chance to ride iron moutain road?? pigtail bridges, and a picture frame of rushmore, my favorite road in south dakota!
thanks for shareing the pics.:thumbsup:

Yeah we rode iron mountain, its really a tight road with a lot of traffic for a busa... pretty narrow... We rode every paved road within 100 miles of Deadwood. We rode needles and they are resurfacing the road, all of it is fresh new incredibly new pavement, the smoothest I have ever been on in fact..

Cap

Great pics Doug, Thanks for sharing

great pics, glad you all had a good time and made it back safely :beerchug:

Back