Anti vibration bar ends?

Fastfrog007

Donating Member
Registered
Do such things work? Ive devoloped a bit of a vibration in my bars, or im just getting old and its always been there. Either way, Im tuning up the bike to help cut down on it and was thinkin some new bar ends would help.

Which ones work best? Reccomendations?

Heavier bar ends would help stabilize them. I know you can get a Throttlemeister with larger ends - if you don't need the throttle lock it would probably be cheaper to just get a heavier set of normal ends.

Changing grips might help, too. Grip puppies are a quick way to add some padding for the hands.

Yeah, try the grips too, even if you do/don't change bar ends. And mountain bike grips work well too, and they're cheap enough to try if you don't belive me.:beerchug:

Developed vibration ??? Is there something wrong with it they are pretty smooth.. You using gloves???

Ordered some grip puppies, had em on my zx11, liked em then so...

I do ride with gloves, I think im overly sensitive to vibrations, felt the same thing on the S1000RR i rode last week and on other folks bikes. As for my bike, Im not really sure whats goin on with her. Ive changed the plugs and cleaned the airfilter to help smooth everything out, then noticed ive got an exhaust leak before being able to ride to see if the new plugs helped :banghead: May be a consequence of the 240 rear and try to get the exhaust pipe to clear the arm, i think it may have put to much tension on the header and pulled it loose. Ive got new exhauts gaskets now, gonna swap em and see what there is to see in there.

Just ride an old Harley....that'll put your vibration into perspective in a real big hurry!:laugh:

Anyone ever try filling their tubes with silicone? I heard that helps with removing vibrations as well.

I use the HEAVY Throttlemeisters :thumbsup: , and get two things. First NO VIBRATION and Second, a simi cruise control that stops sore arms holding the throttle open on long trips :beerchug:

I am currently using this>http://www.hvmp.com/suzuki.htm.Heavy weight bar ends.It reduces alot on the vibration especially long distances.But you will loose out on the agility
Now that your mention it, Ive heard of the silicone trick, may try that too. Thanks for the tips guys:beerchug:

I already killed that atribute:whistle:

SANY0675.jpg

Anyone have the weight of the stock GenII bar ends? I just received and installed a "heavy" Throttlemeister set and just holding the ends in my hand the stock one definitely felt heavier. I don't have a small scale to really determine the exact weights. Kinda hard to help reduce buzzing when you go to a lighter weight bar end.

Coming from a Dyna I put Kuryakyn Iso grips on mine, have the bar end weights on the way back from the powder coater. I couldnt stand how thin the Busa bars are with regular grips.

Back