Best NorCal ride...

mgnsn24

Registered
I'm looking to take my girl on her first hayabusa ride. Looking for something special for her (beautiful scenery & a place to eat.) I live in Manteca, Ca and don't want to go over 2 or 2 1/2 hours away. Any NorCal riders have any ideas? For lunch, I want to do something that I can keep an eye on my other girl (hayabusa). I don't carry full insurance on my bike so I never lose sight of her. Thanks for your responses!

Try route 1 north towards sausalito or Muir woods... best place.. lots of scenrey..i took my girl there with brand spanking new CAMARO RS! :thumbsup:

ummm you can also go hwy 1 south towards monetrey but it gets boring as its straight line..but 1 north is awesome... i tried oakland hills last week and it was awesome.... good luck and hope you 2 have fun:cheerleader:

Take Del Puerto Canyon off I 5 west of Patterson. Eat at The Junction, corner of Del Puerto and Mines Rd. After lunch go south out of the Junction to San Antonio Rd to the Lick Observatory on Mt Hamilton. Go down the back side to San Jose. Find Felter Rd to Calaveras Rd. Find Vallecitos Rd to Tesla Rd then get on Patterson Pass Rd back to 205.

Little over you meager 2.5 hour limit but a good ride. You could shorten it up by going north out of the Junction on Mines Rd to Livermore. Then take Tesla to Patterson Pass Rd. If you don't check out the Observatory your missing a helluva veiw. Take the free 15 min. tour of the Old Telescope. Very Kool.

Take Del Puerto Canyon off I 5 west of Patterson. Eat at The Junction, corner of Del Puerto and Mines Rd. After lunch go south out of the Junction to San Antonio Rd to the Lick Observatory on Mt Hamilton. Go down the back side to San Jose. Find Felter Rd to Calaveras Rd. Find Vallecitos Rd to Tesla Rd then get on Patterson Pass Rd back to 205.

Little over you meager 2.5 hour limit but a good ride. You could shorten it up by going north out of the Junction on Mines Rd to Livermore. Then take Tesla to Patterson Pass Rd. If you don't check out the Observatory your missing a helluva veiw. Take the free 15 min. tour of the Old Telescope. Very Kool.

:thumbsup:

I got 2 saying this is a nice ride! Going to do it next 2 weeks from now.

I hope you like very sharp corners with no shoulder. This road is also notorious for cattle trucks and others coming onto your side of the road around corners.
That road is great for solo riding but you may want to rethink it with a passenger that you love.

Back