Loud Snap...

Kaptain Kanji

Registered
When I finish a ride and my bike is cooling down, I hear a loud SNAP sound, just once, come from inside the bike somewhere around where the back of the engine meets the swing-arm. Anybody else have this happen.?? Any idea what it might be.??

Expanding and contracting of metals as they heat and cool...my guess...

I'd take off the front sprocket cover, throw the bike on a rear stand, and let it run in 1st to see if you have any problems there.

OK thanks Bros. I was wondering if it was something expanding and contracting.
I dont think running it on a stand is going to help cuz the noise happens when the bike is shut off and is cooling down.

I dont think running it on a stand is going to help cuz the noise happens when the bike is shut off and is cooling down.
Yea u're def right... Just thought you were talkin about when it was running at low speeds. If the bike is shutoff, it's prob just expansion. No biggie.

my guess is its your exaust cooling off. my Harley really crackles and tings when its cooling down. im guessing its your crossover tinging and crackling as it cools. totaly normal. hope im right:whistle:

Just wanted to check with you also about whether you've done any mods or adjustments to either sprocket or chain? I've noticed in the past when others (like myself...:whistle:) have made any changes by loosening/retightening the rear axle without a torque wrench, a tad too tight will bring a 'pop' noise from the rear after riding. Just a thought...

Back