Any one know of GPS traking systems for bike?

majestic12

Hunting Kawasakis
Donating Member
Registered
After doing a search I have only found references to GPS units like the "Garman" or the "Tom Tom."

What I am looking for is a GPS transmitter that continuously broadcasts it location. I have found some that require phone services like GSM (AT&T). The only problem is I don't care about setting up fences and AT&T has shody coverage at best in my area.

I just want one that I can use a program to track my bike in real time with an on line map program.

My plan is to install it some where on the bike not easy to access and all any one would see is yet another set of wire coming from the battery. This way if my bike ever is stolen they won't have any idea they are being tracked.

Also I take long trips by my self and if I don't come back in time my friends and family will at least have a place to start looking.

Any help would be appreciated. Also if any of you are interested in a similar system I will post up any leads I get. Last resort would be have my brother build a prototype system from scratch.

I have no experience with this unit but take a look at SPOT-1. You could probable wire it directly to the bike battery. I'm not sure how it works but it says "SPOT sends one message every 10 minutes for 24 hours or until SPOT is powered off."

Check out Guidepointsystems.com. I have the unit installed in my car. You can track the vehicle online. It is a box slighty bigger than a PC3 and has a self-contained cell transmitter and GPS locater. It would definitely fit in the tail section of a Busa.

Finusa.com Find it now gps alarm system. It's the size of a deck of cards. Hooks up to the battery. I just got mine and about to install it. It will track online and will email u when it moves, battery is disconnected, what bike battery is low, if bike exceeds a mph u set up ( in case u lend bike out to someone ). First year tracking fee included in purchase

Thanks for all the links. I will look into it and see if they are what I have in mind.

Back