Frustrated as **** ARGHHHH

Temeraire

Registered
This sucks, my pal, who has been trying to get his ass on a motorcycle since before I even started riding, is finally ready to put his ass in the saddle. I was out of town on business and I happened to cross paths with a guy selling a VZ800 for $2600, sweet deal right? Well I take my pal out to see it, he loves it, he decides to go to his bank to get a loan for it. Well now his bank is being fussy about the paperwork and while he's jumping through the bank's hoops somebody else is swooping in to buy the bike. I know this kinda stuff happens but it pisses me off because like I said he's been trying to get his stuff together to ride even before I started and it's not even his fault. He's a grown man having to take care of stuff after his parents split-up. He's a good guy who is having to deal with stuff that he really shouldn't have to, and there's really nothing I can do about it, and it makes me so angry!:banghead:

Fear not, there are other bikes...and maybe it's just not meant to be...

Don't stress about stuff you can't 'fix'.

Dude! Trying to get a motorcycle loan at a bank right now is REEEDIICKKUULOUS! Just retarded. I hope it works out for him....goodluck, I'm sure he'll need it.

If it doesn't , have him try a credit union. That's how I got mine.

True true. Hmm... there was a credit union advertising low rates on the radio the other day. Maybe I should have him check them out.

First rule of shopping for cars and bikes.....there's always another one and it's probably a better one.

(that's why you never go looking on AutoTrader after you've made your purchase!)

I just checked my at credit union the other day(my K8 will be paid off soon) and their rates kinda surprised me: 4% for new, and 5% for used. Hmmmmm, might have to go outta my way and check out a duc streetfighter in person........or just wait for the V-4 Tuono......or :whistle:

If it's not meant to be then it's just not meant. There will be other great bikes out there for him to buy.

Well thanks for letting me vent guys. After a long conversation with my bud I went ahead and talked him out of it. *sigh* He waited three years so far, I guess another won't much matter.

Easy fix, loan your friend the money and have him make payments to you.

Or,,,,,,,,,, co-sign with him at the bank.

He needs to get his ducks in a row BEFORE he goes shopping for a bike. Have him call his credit union or get his cash in hand first, that's the way it's always been... ;)

It doesn't matter what you buy, there is ALWAYS a better deal out there... :beerchug:

No offense but if things are that tight for him buying a bike then maybe he should rethink getting one even now.

+1 on just not meant to be.
tell him to save his pennys, and pay cash or use cash to secure the loan.
there are alot of bikes out there for sale. if he wants it bad enough, one will turn up. maybe get preapproved before he goes shopping next time?

Back