2009 ducati 1198 coming to my stable

Mr. Anderson

Donating Member
Registered
there's a 1198 for 12k for sale has only 2212 miles on it. it's pearl white, have drooled over the 1098 and the 1198 when it came out. this is to good of a deal to pass up, so now I will have a duc in my stable. here's a couple pics of it. I will go to pick it up tommorow as long as it all checks out.

dealersite%2Fimages%2Fbmw-ok%2Fvp1730425_3_large.jpg

dealersite%2Fimages%2Fbmw-ok%2Fvp1730425_7_large.jpg

Last edited:
Dripping with sarcasm...That is too cool. I am so glad for you.

:laugh:

Seriously though since you have so many cool toys if you need help riding or whatever just give a shout!!:beerchug:

Just be very clear of one thing ... A 1198 can and will never deliver the power of the 'busa.

It may have a lot of torque ... but not as much ...

And after half an hour on the Duc' - The 'busa is a bonafide cruiser ... :laugh:

And it must be driven actively to do any cornering ... It will fight back - and win sometimes. But for short trips or thrashing around on a track, I'd love to have one - White is just so ... Rrrrr ...

Just be very clear of one thing ... A 1198 can and will never deliver the power of the 'busa.

And after half an hour on the Duc' - The 'busa is a bonafide cruiser ... :laugh:

And it must be driven actively to do any cornering ... It will fight back - and win sometimes. But for short trips or thrashing around on a track, I'd love to have one - White is just so ... Rrrrr ...

As a past owner of one I must say the above post was very well written. It will bite back and make you fight for every piece of road. If you keep your busa then the Ducati is a wonderful bike to own! Be safe and enjoy!!

not as much tq, nope, doesn't have to it weighs 140 lbs less, and 20 less torques, you do the math. yes it is less comfortable, but that's okay, it's a pure all out sex race bike. no matter how uncomfortable it is. the sound of the V-twin and feel of the bike is worth it.

and the busa stays until further notice...

Last edited:
not as much tq, nope, doesn't have to it weighs 140 lbs less, and 20 less torques, you do the math. yes it is less comfortable, but that's okay, it's a pure all out sex race bike. no matter how uncomfortable it is. the sound of the V-twin and feel of the bike is worth it.

and the busa stays until further notice...

Really I wish you much happiness with the Duc. I felt just like you about the pure sex thing but my wife rides a GSXR1000 and when we went riding she enjoyed the ride so much more then I did. Be sure about the "no matter how uncomfortable" The Ducati is Ducati, great amazing sexy machine. I use to look at mine all day. Just not a fun ride at all. Keep them both and you'll be happy!

First thing you will notice is how light, second is that the front tire does not like to stay on the ground. Third is the brembo brakes and clutch, very unforgiving.

Oh no! Unfortunatly, studies have shown that the the Duc and the Bimmer are unable to co-habitate. They fight, argue and yell, it will keep you up all night. As i have riddin a Bimmer for in excess of 30min, i consider myself an expert and will house, care for, and feed it for you. Your welcome and ill be expecting a PM to work out the details of the delivery. :rofl:

Great buy sir, enjoy you new Italian baby:thumbsup:

4hrseman, hopefully I am a little better off. not sure if your a big dude or not. I am not.

I am 5' 11" 155 pounds. I'm a wirey asian dude :laugh: most bikes I have been on just fit me. and I haven't had issues with many bikes.

and FYI, for my insurance, same coverage as my busa(full), is 39 cents more a month $28.38 a month or $341 a year.

Last edited:
and FYI, for my insurance, same coverage as my busa(full), is 39 cents more a month $28.38 a month or $341 a year.

Ok, I was going to restrain myself when I saw the pics of the bike and saw the price you got it at. But now reading this, I'll go ahead and say it. . . I hate you. . . I'm paying $1320/year for full coverage on my busa. And yes, that's with state farm. They were the cheapest I could find.

Back