Becareful traveling under overpasses

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
KAKE Video
I reported this incident to the local news media for a friend.....
This Patriot Guard Rider was injured and it made me sick to my stomach.
Second time this has happened in this area over the last year but not another motorcyclist.

From Kake News
A local Patriot Guard rider is on the road to recovery after an attack that could have killed him. Someone hit him with a railroad spike as he rode his cycle. The incident happened near the Kansas Turnpike where it goes underneath K-15 on Saturday. Dennis McDonough was riding home when he noticed what he thought were some kids playing on the railroad bridge.

"Only God can forgive them for it," said McDonough as he lay in a hospital bed.

McDonough is still trying to come to grips with what happened last weekend. As he drove south on the Turnpike, troopers say someone threw a railroad spike over the edge of the K-15 bridge. The spike struck his right leg and broke it in half.

"Don't they have any idea what that could do?" McDonough asked. "I mean, it could have killed me easily. If they' would have hit me in the chest or the face or even my arm, I couldn't control a big bagger with one hand."

McDonough is a Patriot Guard and American Legion rider. He takes pride in honoring fallen soldiers coming home to their final resting place

"Every one of them is a piece of history," he explained. "I respect every one of them. I ride for them and I ride to support their families."

Trooper say there are two state statutes that govern throwing items onto a roadway. One is a misdemeanor that comes with a fine, but if it results in injury, it's a serious felony that could result in prison time.

"We haven't seen a lot of those types of incidents that I can think of around South Central Kansas," said KHP Trooper Gary Warner. "But it truly does concern us when an event like that occurs when somebody intentionally throws an object from an overpass or bridge towards vehicles down below."

McDonough, meanwhile, is trying to stay thankful.

"I can replace the bike," he said. "I'm mostly thankful that my five kids and wife don't have to live without me."

McDonough believes he saw three people at the top of the bridge as he approached it. Troopers say they had a couple witnesses say the same thing, but those three people have not been found. If you have any information about this, you can always call Crimestoppers anonymously at 267-2111.

Last edited:
wow, really? thats about all I can say about that. I hope they find him and he gets everything coming to him

I hope they catch them.
Probably kids with too much time and no parental guidance. Hopefully one of them feels badly enough to come forward.

Several yrs ago here in South Florida we had same thing happen.
Some kids were throwing 'bricko blocks' onto the hgwy . One went thru a windshield and killed the lady who was driving . I believe they wound up catching the kids and trying them as adults but not sure.
Worst thing I ever did was freeze snowballs and whack a few cars growing up :)
Yes they made nice dents , yes I got caught by a gent who could run faster than I in foot deep snow and YES I GOT WHACKED BY MY DAD !
My butt still hurts !

Prayers for a speedy recovery on the biker .

Some fugged up kids out there. Even when I was in my 'lil hellion days, I would never have even thought to do such a thing. Disgusting really.....and the parents are where!? :rulez:

How well I know their kind.

san-quentin02.jpg

Tossing stuff from overpasses and graffiti should be "Pummeling within an inch of your life" sentence - IMHO

Just plain stupid these fools are. Then if they kill someone, their first words are "we did not think someone would die"
They should let the man beat them with a railroad tie once he heals.

Im so angry I'm speechless. Hope he heals quickly.

his leg will never be the same. so unfortunate.

That just disgusts me... Hope he heals well and they catch those bastards! Total disregard for human life!

Back