So I might get back on two wheels...

PACIFICBUSA

The Shaver Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
Just thought I'd ask the Family for their views and opinions on a bike I have a line on.

1999 BMW F650 Enduro
2800mi
$3500

Can't really say that I've researched alot on these bikes. In fact, it may be safe to say that I don't really know much about 'em. Superbly underpowered (48HP @ 6500RPM, 37ft-lbs TQ), single cylinder engine.

Anyone have any experience with these? Reliability issues? Easy to find parts? Easy to maintain? Easy to service?

I guess just the basic research stuff that goes with buying a bike again.

I'm curious about it...but I'm not too sure if this is the route that I want to go. I'd rather not be caught in jam with a bike that can't power me out of a sticky situation or can't handle emergency manuevers.

It is, however, one step closer to the kitchen of MC wonderful goodness.

I'm currently doing research...but I'm finding that I'm a little skeptical about the reviews I read online about the bike. I'd trust my family more.

So....whaddya say? Any thoughts? :bowdown:

hafa adai, brah! if you have around $3600, stretch the budget just a bit and you're not too far away from a good used Gen I (seen a few for $5K and below)

what's up krom!

hey...you still here? I still haven't gotten that tour on the war machine. ???:poke:

A gen 1 would be great...but none here for that price. I kinda don't wanna go through all that shipping stuff all again either.

Then again...I'm also lookin for somethin different. Maybe not particularly BMW different, but something different nonetheless. ???

And no, I ain't gettin a scooter either.

Sorry not to much on the the beemers here,, but im sure some one can help you Paul!

been back stateside for a while now, bro! too bad we did not link up when I was there. and that space ship is now back in Australia as a car ferry.

If you see a bike in my neck of the woods (San Diego/Camp Pendleton area), I will gladly look the bike over for you and help out with shipping if needed.

Here's a few to whet your appetite:
04 for $5K: 2004 Hayabusa 1300r

05 for $5200: 2005 Hayabusa 1300

How about some tillers?

2002 SUSUKI V-TWIN TL1000R

Suzuki TL 1000R

Back