Going Downhill !

NewbieOnBusa

Registered
Ok so i finally took her for first time on mountains....Oakland hills..... got a quick question...what you guys do when you go downhill? Going uphill is fun in 2nd gear and 3rd... pull is strong and runs like a raped gorilla... but when i am going downhill...i dont know if i should shift down..shift up and pull the clutch because it revvs up high going downhill even when i am not pulling the throttle... so i just put her in neutral and cut the engine off..and she became hybrid busa :laugh:..... any suggetions how to ride on mountains? i mean this is my first bike.. here are some pics

IMAG0073.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0073.jpg

I don't think putting bike in neutral while going downhill is a good idea. FWIW, 2nd-3rd gear for me (for steep downhills that go on for a while)

Use a lower gear to keep your speed from getting out of control. Do NOT coast down in neutral! If you need to brake ther is the potential for (may be slight) for your brakes to fade so bad they are useless, making you a run away Busa.

I also have my first bike, if you haven't taken at least one safety course I highly reccomend it. You can give yourself a jumpstart to aid in a lack of experience. I'm actually adding more miles to be eligible for a class offered near by.

Don't put it in neutral, just find the speed you want to go and use the gear that keeps the motor at higher rpm's let the motor keep the speed down where you want it and you will save your breaks too.

Cap

Give it six months you will figure it out by then. Become one with your bike.

By the way, Nice looking ride you got:welcome: to the Org.

Last edited:
Hybrid busa = crash busa. Use your engine as a brake, listen to the rpms, she will tell you when to shift.

please do not take this the wrong way.....attend a Motorcycle Safety course! Going downhill on a Busa without proper training and/or lack of riding experience is a recipe for disaster.

P.S. UncleSteve, I know why!

Don't be affraid of a few RPMS... you still need to accelerate through the turns, too much force on the front tire is bad news in the making

Sell the Busa and buy yourself a good starter bike and learn how to ride down hills as well as anything else you don't yet know. This is why we tell noobs that Busas and other sportbikes are not for beginners. Learning to ride well is a long drawn out process....start at the beginning.

so i just put her in neutral and cut the engine off..and she became hybrid busa :laugh:..... any suggetions how to ride on mountains? i mean this is my first bike.

:poke: Compression braking is your best friend and use it to your advantage.

:poke: Do yourself a favor and get a 250cc bike then practice, practice, and practice. Practice till your :moon: falls apart. Who ever tells you that its ok to own a Hayabusa as first bike just signed your death certificate.

don't take anything being said here as an attack on you, we actually just hate to see any more people get hurt...i've been to way too many hospital rooms and funerals over the years and am tired of seeing my brothers and sisters maimed and mangled! please, get some training at the very least and definitely wear all the protective gear you can manage to get on...we want to see you on this forum for many years to come! :beerchug:

!st of all you either [A] drive like a madman,,,,lay on the gas tank speedshifting thru all gears with the NOS WOT,,making sure to ride the centerline to compensate for the curves,,,you dont wanna chicken out and let off the throttle,,and forget the blue bubblegum machine in your rear view,,at that speed youll be 2 states away in a matter of minutes,,,,,,or[ B ] you ride like you got some sense ,dont ever knock it out of gear,,at high speed yournot gonna get it back in unless you really jam it,then thatll always cost you with a bent shifting fork when you get home to replace,,,and let the trans slow you down [ as brakes] to keep the rotors from warping,,,,,,have fun,,,,ps ,,im old, I ride in B mode,,,,,,,,

Back