Electrical Question

killerrudy

Registered
I have a 07 cbr600rr mounted in my Banshee ATV. I picked up a set of off road headlights but they are 50 watt instead of 35 watt. I was curious if this would/could damage any portion of the charing system. thanks

15 watts is 15 watts
your gonna have a total of 30 extra pulling on the stator,,,,variables,,always variables,,IMO,,doesnt sound like it will do to much,,,but its the amps your looking for,,,run a test with a voltmeter with the factory set up while running,,then plug in the 50's and see what the pull difference is,,,The stators take alot,,but its good to ask and get multible views,,Ive seen bikes lite up like christmas tree's..My gut without running a dignostic says youll be ok,,there are other avenues,,some guys add an extra battery to carry the load,,A HO stator is feesable,,but the price tag will give you a stroke,,,,,,,It'll work,,Is that a multi beam? Im guessing it is,,I'd slap them on,,Its a no brainer why you want them,,thats a nice runner,,,enjoy,,,but I would do a b4 and after quick swap out with a meter while running,,and also see what the pull is with the motor shut down but the lights and switch are on,both 35and 50

I wish I had the stock lights to try out. I just know that with the lights on at idle, testing at the battery it is still strong enough to put a charge on the battery.

the difference in amperage draw between a 35 watt bulb and a 50 watt bulb is just over 1 amp. 35 draws About 3 amps whle the 50 watt pulls about 4.1 amps.
Hope that helps

I dont know how many fields there are in a stator.
But in a auto [12 volt system],,the ALT carry 5.
the more stuff you have turn on and are useing,,the more fields open up to keep up with the demand,,,,an average standard ALT is about 56 amps,,A luxurary car or anything all power,,the %T is ussualy 130 in that area,105,,,
If you run a amp/volt check on a car to see if the ALT is weak or not big enough to carry the Load,,,ie;guys installing big amps and subs in their cars.
The ALT will not be able to keep up and fail,,so an ALT upgrade is always recommended when setting up a high powered stereo system,
An autos system although is a 12 volt ,,should at idle be feeding 14 volt back into it,,to supply the needs of the car,,and to keep the battery topped off,,,,,,run a meter,,,find out the spec's of the stator,,and do the math,,,that easy,,,,BTW,,,,Sounds like your fine,,,,remember the watts are to be consideered,,its the amps that are drawing that will do the damage,,,be safe and run a test,,,,,,,best wishes,,,,,bobber

Back