Tank Bolts??

RussellJ

Rick Rollin'
Registered
Im looking for a bolt kit. Well just tank bolts really but if the whole bolt kits includes them and is not too expensive im all for it. Any help? :poke:

Found a decent bolt kit on ebay from D2moto. ill probly powder coat them or something to dress them up. From what it looks, they have the tank bolts in the kit...

fairingboltbusa.jpg

how much is the kit ?
I know suzuki has the black pin ram air and fairing pins ,,multi size for 8 bucks for a pack of 10,,but thier after markets and some need shaved to fit,,But the local hardware store as mentioned above,,ussualy have the hard to find specialty bolts,

Its 33 total with shipping included in that. Decent deal it seems like to me. Im sure they arent top notch bolts

Russell,
I may have bolts for you - actually, I may have something better, depending on what you are going for - I have pinned retaining studs...

I'd pick up a couple of bolts at the local hardware store for under a buck. They are a standard size.

Thanks,,
You can go cheap on a few things,,but not others,,,I bought the OEM plastic ram air cover pins,,3 bucks a pop,,,but to me,,they were worth it,,I needed two,,,But that multi pak looks ok,,,it would pay for itself in the long run from not making trips to the store,,but I do like going to the hradware stores ,,they have specialty bolts,,,Its nice,,cheap too,,,but that multi pak appears to have a good selection,,rubbers too,,,either way your ok,,thanks ,,,,,Its the fairing bolts with the built in spacers that you cant find just laying around,,,,,,,

Last edited:
I dont like the pins... If there were possibly something else to make it quick release without those that would be visually idea. The pins look kind of cheap. But Im picky :laugh:

Russell, that kit you are showing in the photo above, is all ALUMINUM alloy hardware. I don't think you want aluminum bolts holding down the gas tank.
The tank bolts to the best of my recollection are stainless steel. You can pick them up at almost any hardware store, very cheap. Of course they are metric.!!
Good luck. :thumbsup:

Back