Accused of stealing someone's bike!

woodrrow

Registered
Friday we went to the local bike night. From the .org was Me, LA Busa, Kevin(yzf600 guy who worked on my bike), BusaGirl444 & Matt.

Me and my gf were sitting down eating a burger with LA Busa, kevin, Busa's son and a couple of others. This 40yr old guy comes in with an attitude asking who's blue busa was out in the parking lot. I tell him it's mine, and he starts drilling me about where I got it, what's the guys name, how many miles when I got it, when I bought it, where'd I get it from again, etc.. I answered everything knowing what he was getting at. He then tells me "well I think that's my bike out there, and if it is, I'm gonna get it back"

I told him it's his bike, I financed it through bank, had the guy come in with his license and title and bank has title so everything checked out and its not his bike.

He said," Well I think it's mine, I'm gonna get the VIN and check it out." I told him to go ahead.

Went outside with him and looked at it, he did get a lot nicer once I was standing up over him and not sitting down though..

Started saying the reason he thinks it's his bike is because it's stretched, 07 blue, and the fender looks like it's rubbed like his fender was rubbed from the tire. And that HE was the one who "installed that clear brake/turn signal". You know, the most basic busa turn signal - looks like stock but has integrated LED? He also said it was easy to change the VIN sticker on a bike and get a new title.. So he was acting like regardless of the VIN it could still be his bike. That's when LA Busa mentioned the VIN being stamped into the frame. So we showed him it matched sticker and you can't really change the frame stamp.. This guy was off his block dude.

The one thing that made me mad was when we were outside, he said it probably was legit b/c I seem to have checked out the guy I got it from, but said "If you had acted shady I woulda had to snatch you up outa that seat haha ya know". I just looked at him and took a deep breath. He would have had his damn hands full if he had done that, not just with me but the table of 6 guys I was sitting with.

Good ol' LA Busa came out there with me to look it over and had my back if anything went down. Thanks Randy :thumbsup:

I stayed cool during it all, but Sat morning woke up mad and pissed about it. I mean really. Come on! Grow up!

Other than that it was a nice night, and Sunday morning I went for a nice ride to the gulf and had breakfast with LA Busa & his son on his Kawi 600. Best ride I've been on since I "stole the bike" :rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
He def was a **** but put yourself in his shoes adrenaline pumping looks exactly like your bike
i'm not so sure I could have kept my cool like you did but if I was the guy who's bike was gone I would have done the same thing prolly without the attitude though:whistle:

Hows your bike running? hope you got everything worked out. Sorry I missed bike night, hopefully this friday... oh yea, so people can be such butt blossums...

It runs like a brand new bike man! so smooth, so, so smooth. yea I would have asked questions too, but wouldn't have an attitude like that. pretty ballsy.

Randy told me about that jerk, I was really mad for ya. Glad ya kept your cool. You didn't need to step down to his level anyway, you have way more class than that.:thumbsup:

Its obvious after he knew that he got mistaken ,he is trying to save his embarrassment.I am glad you kept your cool.Not worth dirtying your hands over such person

Sounds like its time to see " Maco" or Earl Shines" paint job ,,,LOL
Nice that you kept ur cool tho,,and I fully understand the day after,when satan gets in ur ear,,,,weve all been there,,,keep your joy and integrity,,charactor,,,good job

That was a weird situation man I still say he told me he sold his bike. Funny thing is the first night I met up with you and Rose he was there at PSU so why did he not say anything then??? Thats why I told you I knew the guy who sold you the bike.Besides if a bike is stolen around here it is either getting chopped up or they are going to take it far away.

Yea I remember that.. He saw my bike that night didn't he?

He told me his bike was stolen just a few blocks down the street from where we were.. I don't know of anyone who would take a stolen bike to the bike night @ the same place it was stolen from.

I wonder if he was just full of chit trying to start something the other night..

Sounds like overall a good time...

Good job not cleaning that guy's clock! :beerchug:

He told me his bike was stolen just a few blocks down the street from where we were.. I don't know of anyone who would take a stolen bike to the bike night @ the same place it was stolen from.

Funny you sould mention that!! A similar situation happened in Milton Fl. A couple months ago this one gentleman had his ride stolen form his house. Well a couple days later he borrowed a freinds bike so he and about 8-10 friends could go on a group ride throught Blackwater State Park. Well during the pre-ride gas up, guess what pulls up to the same gas station to gas up!! Yup the stolen bike with a newbie rider gettin ready for a fun day of showin off riding around town.
Well apparently a bike chase ensued and the newbie dumped the bike and tried to run but to no avail. The group caught the guy and held him for the police. When the cops got there to make the arrest they noticed that the guy had a whole lot of bumps, bruises, cuts and scrapes that did not seem to be associated with a fall from a bike . . . :whistle:
Well the cops got there man, the guy got his bike back, and all was right in the world.
True story, I swear!!!!

The dude was close, close to starting something but he stopped shy of getting hurt. Woodrow has a reach of about 6', he could punch you from across the room!

I asked him if he had the VIN of his stolen bike, he said it was at home.... We would have waited if he wanted to go get it or call someone to see if it matched one of his old tag receipts but he never pursued any of that.

Great Sunday AM ride (with breakfast on the beach) put it all behind us though!:beerchug:

Last edited:
Yeah that is odd that he would wait until now to say something.He didn't say anything else about it later when he rode with me and some friends. Insurance prolly paid for his bike anyway.He should choose his words more wisely When he said he would have snatched you up I doubt that could have happened:laugh: But I think he toned down when he realized how many people you were with .

He should have called LEO to check it out an not even confronted you about it. He can't possibly have the knowledge or experience to properly check out a possibly altered bike anyway.

The VID number can be restamped on both the frame an the other number on the casing as well. It takes a well trained an experienced eyes to pick them out. So he was an idiot who may find himself laid out on the floor very soon cause there are a lot of Busa's that fit that description. I didn't read anything there to possibly help him identify his bike.

I don't have much patience for asshats. When he said he would have "snatched me up outta that seat" I would have probably decked him on the spot. It isn't real smart to go in accusing a man of stealing your bike. If he was half as smart as he thought he was, he could have easily checked the vin and been on his way without interrupting you and your friends.

I am only 35, but have been through my share of BS in my lifetime. I just have 0 patience for idiocy.

Should have said you were hard of hearing and asked him to speak into your .45 caliber microphone :)

Back