Lost My 17 Year Old Daughter Off the Back...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
:(Well folks?...i can't believe that i myself am posting this shid as i've always been somewhat of a Safety Gear Nazi but low and behold?...it's happened to me and i slowly did it to myself and i feel like azzhole of the millenia so..there ain't nutt'in anybody could possibly say here that could or would make me feel any lower of a pos than i already do so...have at it gents..vent away...besides...i deserve it.

I got 3 daughters...and everyone of'em asked for the same thing for their 8th Birthday...to spend an entire day riding with dad when they turned 8 years old (the bare minimum the wife and i decided on)..and everyone of'em did...and i spent the whole day riding with everyone of'em when they turned 8 years old including buying them breakfast, lunch and dinner out...all day..and into the night...with each and everyone of'em...when they turned 8..and here's some pic proof of where they've been with dad...

1st?..the youngest...Rachel...then 8/now 12...headed out for a bagel breakfast with dad..

BAGEL3.jpg

Marissa...then 8..(now 17 years old)..loaded up and ready to go to the mountains with dad...

Frances1.jpg

Marissa..Rode from Murphy, NC too Suches,Ga one morning to go have lunch at T.W.O. (two wheels only motorcycles resort)...

Frances3.jpg

Marissa..signed the shirt and became an official member of the "Twisty Sister Club" at T.W.O. lodge...

Frances4.jpg

Frances5.jpg

Marissas older sissy Candice (then 12 now 18)..on HWY28 going from C.R.O.T. too fontana...

Frances6.jpg

Marissa when she rode "The Dragon" too the overlook with dad...

Frances10.jpg

My 2 youngest in my garage back in the day..

Liftup.jpg

long story short?...it's been waaaaay abnormally hot this summer..so bad in fact that the following happened...

Last monday..got home from work...1 beer in the fridge...17 year old marissa sees me gearing up to run to the corner gas station..."dad! Can i Come?"...sure...getchur shid...(meaning her safety gear)...she comes out with just her lid...Me: Marissa...where's your jacket?...Her: "C'Mon Dad! It's TOO Freaking Hot! Besides...YOU haven't been wearing one the past couple weeks!...and sad to say?..but she was right...and i dunno if the oil in the gulf which has the water temps 4 degrees above normal or if it's that el nino BS or what buuuut..it's been blazing hot the past few weeks (lately even at 7:00a.m. i break a sweat just stepping outside for a cigarette) and i've broken my own safety code but only for running back and forth to work (which is only 7.8 miles from my house) and the corner stores...i haven't been wearing a jacket...just boots, gloves and lid...so?..i was like..what could i say?..well now i know what i should've said..and could kick my own azz for not saying so...shes been riding with me for just shy of 10 years..the only one of the 3 daughters that loves to ride...fast...and lean hard...and have ridden with all 3 of my daughters for the past 10 years without incident...well...we were on our way back home...riding rather conservatively (since marissa nor i had our jackets on)....sliced the last corner turning onto our street straightened up and bam...there's 1/2 doz kids playing basketball in the street..so i crunched the front brakes...they hurried and scurried out of my way and waiving as i went to go by and hit the gas to return the favor and get out of their way so they could resume play and?...i notice sumptin sorta flickering out of my left periphial...and as i look...there in my left rearview mirror?...i see Marissas body tumbling along the shellrock surfaced road...never felt her leave the bike...nothing...her back is one big rasberry from the shoulder blades down to her beltline...with numerouse scraps and roadrash...and here she is after her shot of dyladid at the ER...the following morning...as her mother insisted she'd be fine and woldn't let me take her to the hospitol the night before..i knew she was in shock...and neither of them understood what i'd be like the following morning...

PIC EDITED OUT

I fudged up...bad...real bad...hate myself...hope this deters any of you from getting lax in your safety code as i did..real bad timing and poor judgement on both our parts.

L8R, bill.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know what I dislike about you more, your idiocy with your kids or the fact that you posted a picture of your daughter with her boobs hanging out.

Some dad...

Bill as I said to you yesterday if there is anything I can do to ease her pain or yours you have my phone number.
Dont hesitate to call. Whats done is done and I am sure you feel bad enough as does she so I wont say anything more.

Just let me know I'm here for you my friend....

I don't know what I dislike about you more, your idiocy with your kids or the fact that you posted a picture of your daughter with her boobs hanging out.

Some dad...

Hate all ya want...i deserve it..she still loves me...it was all she could wear because of her severe road rash and shes posted the pix herself on her facebook...sorry..didn't mean to offend ya. L8R, Bill.

PS/Edit: btw..It's her bathing suit.

Last edited:
Bill as I said to you yesterday if there is anything I can do to ease her pain or yours you have my phone number.
Dont hesitate to call. Whats done is done and I am sure you feel bad enough as does she so I wont say anything more.

Just let me know I'm here for you my friend....

Thanks Saiid....i guess i can't say anything much more either..just plain stupid.

**** happens man just glad she is ok now you need to be ok .
F the dummies comments if they don't have anything good to say then they can STFU. This is a time for support and understanding not :deadhorse:
Good luck hope she and you are feeling better be safe and god bless:beerchug:

Holy freakin' crap Billster!! As a dad, I can't tell you the sinking feeling I get just thinking about something like that! My brotha!! Heart goes out to you and Sissy! At least the little woman can stand around and talk about it...er, she may keel you later for postin' the ER pic :laugh: but coulda been lots, lots worse!! Glad to see she's still mobile Bill. From now on looks like your hind-sight on this one'll be 20/20.

You learned the hard way.

Sorry, bro; for you and for your daughter.

There'll be no 'next time,' I'm confident...

...and you do have my support my brother in whatever you do!! (Dang it, bjewel! Where's your heart?) Be good to yourself, Bill. Whatever I can do, you just call! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Get real dude! you"d have to whack the gas pretty hard to toss some one of the back! Sure you wont showing out for the kids when you tossed her? Oh and i agree with bjewell,why you posting pics of your kids boobs hanging out?

You guys seriously have got to be kidding. The brother needs our support. That's one thing about maturity that only time in the same circumstances can bring and thats the compassion necessary to show someone else what we so desparately need in our time of need more so than what we deserve. Please have a heart...

Holy freakin' crap Billster!! As a dad, I can't tell you the sinking feeling I get just thinking about something like that! My brotha!! Heart goes out to you and Sissy! At least the little woman can stand around and talk about it...er, she may keel you later for postin' the ER pic :laugh: but coulda been lots, lots worse!! Glad to see she's still mobile Bill. From now on looks like your hind-sight on this one'll be 20/20.

yep...could've been worse for sure..her scorpion exo700 has a pretty good flatspot wore down on both sides of the back of it...try'in ta look at whatever little bright side there may be to all this...my point is this...it was so incedious as i slipped in my own safety code...had a spotless track record 10 years long...and so hot lately that once ya get your jacket on?..ya wanna take it right back off and slam a gatorade for the 1/2 gallon of sweat ya just lost gearing up...sux. :(

You learned the hard way.

Sorry, bro; for you and for your daughter.

There'll be no 'next time,' I'm confident...

There won't be a "next Time" Scar...i ain't riding any of'em with me anymore...my heart couldn't take this shid twice.

Bill I still have the crucifix for you since we never got to ride yesterday.
Maybe you should give it to her instead.

You guys seriously have got to be kidding. The brother needs our support. That's one thing about maturity that only time in the same circumstances can bring and thats the compassion necessary to show someone else what we so desparately need in our time of need more so than what we deserve. Please have a heart...

its called tuff love bro. He doesnt need support, he to here how bad it was to show out with a passenger on a bike, Thats like not keeping score at a kids ball game. they dont learn what it means to work hard and reap the win.

Some dad...

Get real dude! you"d have to whack the gas pretty hard to toss some one of the back! Sure you wont showing out for the kids when you tossed her? Oh and i agree with bjewell,why you posting pics of your kids boobs hanging out?

its called tuff love bro. He doesnt need support, he to here how bad it was to show out with a passenger on a bike, Thats like not keeping score at a kids ball game. they dont learn what it means to work hard and reap the win.

OHHH...so that's what it's called. Whew, for a moment there I thought I was back in church...thanks for the heads up...:thumbsup: :beerchug:

Last edited:
Back