400 mile ride to the Keys for a pizza-pics and vids

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Well Saturday I actually got time to go for a much needed ride.
3 weeks alone with Adam will drive the strongest of men Kaaaaaarazy...
So I loaded up and headed south to my favorite pizza place .
No Name Pub in Big Pine Key..No Name Pub, Big Pine Key, Florida, Florida's Famous Pub Pizza

It is 198 miles from my house to the place and I made it in a little over 3 hours.
I stopped on old 7 mile bridge for a self portrait and to take in the fresh salt air and then headed on for a scrumptious pizza...

Pic on old 7 mile bridge..
NoNamePubrun62610010.jpg

Inside the pub many LEOs and EMTs leave their badges..
NoNamePubrun62610012.jpg

Also tradition is that you have to write something down on a 1 dollar bill and staple it to wherever you can find...
NoNamePubrun62610009.jpg

Last count or best estimate was that there is over 65,000 $1 bills stapled up in this place.
Many are so old they are silver certificates and other original bills..
NoNamePubrun62610014.jpg

Heres the happy camper now with his fresh pie....num num num...
NoNamePubrun62610017.jpg

Of course I could not leave without a new shirt..(back)
NoNamePubrun62610018.jpg

On the front..
NoNamePubrun62610019.jpg

Total miles round trip was 409.8 miles and my butt hurts...
Longest trip I have taken since I got the bike...(Did my best Sleepless_Red imitation :) )
NoNamePubrun62610005.jpg

Data screen from app on Iphone. Elevation of 279 feet was from when I went over 7 mile bridge..
Since it was same way back I turned off tracking when I got there so you only see info from one way.
nonamepubride.jpg

YOU WILL HAVE TO TURN THE SOUND DOWN CUZ ONCE AGAIN THE GOPRO AUDIO SUCKS !
SUCTION CUP ON HELMET IN THE ENCLOSED CASE AND IT STILL SUCKS ! !.

nice ride!

what app is that you are using?

App is called Cyclemeter. It save everything , including your map with points on it every 1 mile as well as a bunch of other stuff.
Reall great ap and the speedo is accurate if you want to test it.
Also saves speed in graph form as well as elevation.

Looks like a great ride and you're making me drool over that pizza.
We've gone over that key many times and never heard of that place.!!
Next time, I'll make sure we stop there.!!

Great ride.:thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing.:beerchug:

I've always wanted to ride the Keys. One of these days I'll give you a heads up when I can make it.

I like the hiding spot you found from the rain storm:thumbsup:

Looks like a good days ride

Fastfrog the video shows all of the storm !
It was all of about 1 minute ?
If you notice in video I keep looking down .
It was to see how wet my pants were cuz my phone was in my pocket.
I stopped to put my phone in the ziploc bag I always carry in my trunk . Got hit like 2-3 times yesterday . In the Keys there are always little storms like that.

In the 1st video, any idea why that guy in the truck was pointing at you

Wasn't pointing but giving me the thumbsup cuz I was riding one of the baddest azz motorcycles ever to roll the face of the Earth .
:)

I guess he like me was tired of seeing so many HDs and cruisers and just happy to see a real bike :laugh:

(I compressed the videos to facilitate quicker upload on YouTube and some clarity was lost due to that)

Man, Blanca...next time give me a buzz. Sometimes I get a wild hair and go down to sobe for some Pizza Rustica...man their pizza is so good.

Working hard now, so that I too can one day cruise 400 miles on my 'busa for some pizza . lol

That's what the wife thinks.
'Your crazy to ride that far for just a pizza' she says !
The pizza was just lunch and the turnaround point as Key West was another 1.5 hours .
I rode just to ride cuz I enjoy doing just that riding . Here in Florida there aren't many places to ride . Too far east your in the water.
Too far west and your in the swamp .
North and your looking at cows for 5 hours .
So the keys is where it be !
The videos don't do the color and beauty justice .
It is paradise and sometimes since I live here I take that for granted but as a Floridian same as folks who live in New Orleans I get tired of people coming here to do things they would never do back home !
A lot of people acting crazy , driving crazy just doing stupid stuff they know would not fly where they are from .

Fastfrog the video shows all of the storm !
It was all of about 1 minute ?
If you notice in video I keep looking down .
It was to see how wet my pants were cuz my phone was in my pocket.
I stopped to put my phone in the ziploc bag I always carry in my trunk . Got hit like 2-3 times yesterday . In the Keys there are always little storms like that.

Gotcha, i couldnt figure out what you were up to, thought maybe rainstorm, round 2 was on the way. Guess thats just my New York state of mind:whistle:

Gotcha, i couldnt figure out what you were up to, thought maybe rainstorm, round 2 was on the way. Guess thats just my New York state of mind:whistle:

Rarely does it rain for more than 10-15 mins down there over land . Now out in the water yes you will get stuck in some big ones but the islands are so small the breeze moves them right over them in a matter of minutes .
It actually felt great thru my mesh jacket as I was HOT !
It cooled me off and felt good !

Back