Hot weather riding gear ?

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
It will hit about 105 here today... :fire:

I keep the leathers on til about 95+ after that I use the lite jacket but I know it doesnt have enough protection ...

So what do you guys use for hot weather gear?

5dayfc_ca_chico_640x480.jpg

Stampede-Clemson 005.jpg

Last edited:
I have switched to Jeans with knee and kevlar protection and a light textile jacket with elbow, shoulder and back protection. Not sure how much better it is, as the leather keeps the heat out, but when you stop or go slow, leather keeps the heat inside, while textile breaths and cools down more.

Jeans sure are a lot easier when I get off the bike for a stop.

In short, while moving above 40mph leather wins, below that textile wins. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.:laugh:

I have switched to Jeans with knee and kevlar protection and a light textile jacket with elbow, shoulder and back protection.

Yup thats what I have on in the above pic. Under the Joe Rocket riding jeans I have Bohn knee, hip and tail protect. Kinda pricey though @ $160
Actionstation.com

Take it from someone who has been down in Blue jeans at low speeds..DONT. Always where your leathers.. F---K the heat..dont ride then... I was wearing leather jacket helmet and blue jean on a ride one day. Needless to say i went down at a speed of 40 ish. My knees impacted the asphalt and then i rolled over on shoulder and helmet. Blue jeans where instantly torn at knees and i was badly injured. upper body had NO i repeat No road rash what so ever. Leathers did the job and helmet was successful in its job to.. You never know when your going to go down, So gear up right or be prepared to suffer.
Be careful out there

Jdog

Take it from someone who has been down in Blue jeans at low speeds..DONT. Always where your leathers.. F---K the heat..dont ride then... I was wearing leather jacket helmet and blue jean on a ride one day. Needless to say i went down at a speed of 40 ish. My knees impacted the asphalt and then i rolled over on shoulder and helmet. Blue jeans where instantly torn at knees and i was badly injured. upper body had NO i repeat No road rash what so ever. Leathers did the job and helmet was successful in its job to.. You never know when your going to go down, So gear up right or be prepared to suffer.
Be careful out there

Jdog

I rarely wear regular jeans or Levi's when on the bike. I crashed back in 04 wearing DragginJeans and the kevlar lining literally saved my butt. Denim ripped out immediately, kevlar held. I also had knee armor and I still limped around for a couple months after that so I definately believe in the under armor if you wear any kind of jeans.

Miscfrom-laptop 042.jpg

I wear jeans, jacket, helmet, and gloves no matter how hot it is. The camelbak does help keep you cool. I just acquired 2 more and one is going to be used for strictly lemonade. Put the camelbak half full in the freezer over night and take it out in the morning. It helps a lot with those long and short rides.

'Cool' :whistle: reading, KM! Ran through the posts on the additional link to MotorcycleUSA at the beginning of the article. Some interesting discussion there, as well. Great info! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

over 90 - long sleeve white t-shirt-jeans-boots-gloves-helmet-ride extra defensively-ride early morning-

Leathers no mater how hot keep hydrated stop more often & rest. Asphalt doest care hot nice or cold it just like to eat skin

choice is between HEAT from proper gear or the painful HEAT from road rash.

Last edited:
i have a pair of red route jeans (kevlar lined butt, hips, knees with ce knee armor and hip foam) but these these jeans cost a lot. i'm planning on buying the draggin liners with velcro attached ce hip/knee armor and then i can ride with any of my regular jeans. i think this will protect me while saving me hundreds of dollars on buying multiple pairs of riding pants.

also wear vented or perf'd leather jackets. used to but can't bring myself to wear textile anymore... getting older and more safety conscious.

draggin liners.jpg

Back