Russ Pardini comes to the Sierras

PaceMaster

Donating Member
Registered
And his friend Steve.... totally worn out right now..350 miles for the three FOG's and a 100 plus more for Pardini and Steve to get home..........
Alot of high speed stuff ....etc..... pic's
Ps thanks for Lunch Pardini ...you rock dude.
It was PaceM CC05 and Larry on his beemer so a total of 5 of us.
Topaz to Lee vining to 120 east to Benton to mammoth 395 north to Monitor pass etc..WHEW !!! Busa's NEVER dissapoint..even had a kid say the other day Busa's don't handle... I bit my Lip....hahahahahaha

2010 Busa.jpg

IMGP5474.jpg

IMGP5479.jpg

IMGP5494.jpg

IMGP5486.jpg

The Sierra FOGs were very happy to welcome honorary members (whether they know it or not) Russ and Steve from over the hill in California. We hooked up at the Topaz Lodge where Russ had stayed the night and headed down hwy 395 towards Lee Vining and Mammoth Lakes. Just south of Mono Lake there is a 46 mile stretch of very high speed twisties all the way to the little semi-ghost town of Benton. The Pacemaster set a very frisky pace and we were all pretty well drained when we pulled into Benton for a well deserved water and rest break. A great mix of high speed curves as well as more than a few that were tighter and a few miles of undulation roller coaster hills makes this a must route for those who like a lot of variety. We then back tracked part way towards hwy 395 and took the fork which pointed us to Mammoth Lakes for a luncheon break of one of the best burgers this ole guy has ever tasted (thanks Russ, I owe ya bro)! Then it was time to head back towards Topaz and the Monitor Pass turn off. We parted ways on the west side of Monitor, Russ and Steve heading home via Ebbetts Pass and Ralph, Larry and I heading north to Markleville and back home to Carson City. We rode well over 300 miles and I think I can speak for the group….WHAT A DAY!!

100_3892 (Large).jpg

100_3894 (Large).jpg

100_3895 (Large).jpg

100_3898 (Large).jpg

100_3899 (Large).jpg

Fantastic get-together and pic-share!

:cheerleader:

Can't wait to bring my lily-white-one up there and spank your asphalt for awhile!!!

:woot:

:beerchug:

Thanks for the desert tour, it was a blast. I don't often run such felonious speeds. That helicopter and all those Forest Service vehicles had me wondering if that was gonna be my last triple digit flight.

Wow, what spectacular views of the mountains in the Benton area. Pretty country, and the road was straight enough to be able to take it all in. Some of those whoops seemed to be bottomless, and as soon as you found the bottom your at the top of the next one. Glad we had Pacemaster to guide us through them. Never would have been brave enough to have hammered them at that speed first time through, crazy fun.

It was great to see and ride with you FOG's again, look forward to the next one.

Jimbo, better wait another week to run Ebbetts there are three spots that will get your baby wet. One near the summit and two at Mosquito Lake. Sand in a couple of corners, but made a quick run to Lake Alpine inspite of it.

Bosshound.................say when, we'll do it.

Pace Master, CCbusa5 & Larry:

Thanks for the RIDE yesterday and the 'honorary membership' in the Sierra FOGs!! But, "Fast Old Guys" just doesn't cut it... how about "Fearless, Ornery Geezers"?

The route yesterday had about it all; from the high velocities of Hwy 120 heading to Benton (along with the suprizes, like the helicopter and roller coaster section) to the outstanding mountain views (Boundary Peak & Mt. Whitney... wow!!!). The food was great (thanks Pardini, for picking up our tab!) and the company... well, Ornery fits better than 'Old'!

Someday, when I grow up, I hope I can ride as well as the regular FOGs...

Later,
ButtHead
(aka: Steve)

Pace Master, CCbusa5 & Larry:

Thanks for the RIDE yesterday and the 'honorary membership' in the Sierra FOGs!! But, "Fast Old Guys" just doesn't cut it... how about "Fearless, Ornery Geezers"?

The route yesterday had about it all; from the high velocities of Hwy 120 heading to Benton (along with the suprizes, like the helicopter and roller coaster section) to the outstanding mountain views (Boundary Peak & Mt. Whitney... wow!!!). The food was great (thanks Pardini, for picking up our tab!) and the company... well, Ornery fits better than 'Old'!

Someday, when I grow up, I hope I can ride as well as the regular FOGs...

Later,
ButtHead
(aka: Steve)
Hey Steve! It was a pleasure meeting you! I had a blast with you guys, especially as we screamed on down the backside of Monitor when you two split off for Ebbetts. I told Russ to keep us in the loop for a ride when you guys do your thing on the left side of the Sierras. HAHA.......Fearless, Ornery Geezers? Hmmmmmm..................I like it, I think!? At any rate, I'll talk to you later young man!! :beerchug:

Back