few general questions

IMAMONSTER

Registered
looking to pick up a bussa, just curious to know which year's produced the circular tail-lights? Are the earlier production (old school) h:banghead:ayabusas quicker/ or more modifiable then newer models

the round tail lights are aftermarket undertails. early were unrestricted. newer have a better ecu and you can always get a tre for the salt flats.

Both have many aftermarket parts. Some people have had both years here and will likley comment to inform you. It depends on how much you have to spend and how you want to spend on the bike to make it the way you want it.

There are many undertails available...use the search button and look around.

It seems some people change the 08 + valves when doing motor mods such as a turbo.

Up until 08 they all came with the same stock tail light, If you want the 2 smaller ones you will have to put an aftermarket undertail.

Pashnit one of our Sponsors sells the yana shiki which is the style your looking for.

The 1999 and 2000 were unrestricted and have a higher top speed, But you can unrestrict the rest of them.

This is just my opinion but it seems to me the 1999 to 2007 are easier to Mod, I hear alot more problems with people modding the newer bikes but it could also be that its still a new body type and there working the kinks out on aftermarket parts.

circular tail lights are gen I (99 to 07) Gen II (08 and newer) just as many mods for both, Gen IIs have more hp and torque, but you can make them all unrestricted by editing the ecu (mine is) :thumbsup: and :welcome: to the Org! Where are you located?

Thanks for all the quick replies. Im located in SoFlo! (south florida.) I have some pretty open options, im looking for either a bussa (any year) thats stretched with a 360 fat tire (any color,) that would be my first option. My second choice would be a (stock) white bussa, 3rd red, 4rth black.. The first mods in mind would be a stretch with a 360 fat, and to boost;) !! Im not familiar with the bussa engine or any technical mods (ecu and parts manufacturers) for this bike. I have a general understand of engines and components as I have a 22psi audi a4:vader:

Thanks for all the quick replies. Im located in SoFlo! (south florida.) I have some pretty open options, im looking for either a bussa (any year) thats stretched with a 360 fat tire (any color,) that would be my first option. My second choice would be a (stock) white bussa, 3rd red, 4rth black.. The first mods in mind would be a stretch with a 360 fat, and to boost;) !! Im not familiar with the bussa engine or any technical mods (ecu and parts manufacturers) for this bike. I have a general understand of engines and components as I have a 22psi audi a4:vader:

360 is a hell of a Mod

Is this the tailsection you were asking about.

===================================================================

rear.jpg

if you're goal is a stretch, fatty, and a turbo I would go with a used Gen1. The fatty and turbo will cost some coin so you might as well save a few on the basic bike.

Stock against stock, gen 1 and 2, the Gen 2 will pull the Gen 1. A Gen 2 will not run off and leave a Gen 1. There are advantages to owning both. :thumbsup:

Gen1's are years: 99-07 (a 1299cc motor)
Gen2's are years: 08-10 (a 1340cc motor)

Both have about the same amount of aftermarket parts.
The Gen2's have digital gauges, built in gear indicator, and newer style fairings.
I believe the Gen2's are heavier.

The 99-00 Busa's came w/ a 12lb lighter aluminum subframe that had a recall for breaking at the top front mounting points, and are derestricted. Also came w/ a 220mph speedo.
I've heard the fuel system on them also had to be revamped due to alot of problems.

when boosting, what kind of mod's are needed to support 16-18 psi?:rofl: "fully-built motor/block"

If your going over 8# then u need to build up the motor with rods, pistons, springs, studs so that is about $6k rite there. Rods alone will run about $900. Then the engine can handle about 450 hp.

Stage 2 turbo kit will run about $8k with intercooler or water injection and the turbo will be able to put out 450 hp.

Used 1st gen busa can pick up for 6k without the 360. Your most economical route is to pick up a turbo busa rite off the bat. They can be found for about $13k.

I find 13# is about all the power the city streets can handle but it sure is 10x more fun than 8#. 18# will get u about 370hp on stock size tire.

Read the description for yourself. I think if your asking that question then you would be better off buying a turbo bike ready to ride instead of peacing a turbo system on your own. The process of finding the builder/tuner alone can take many days or weeks Just to find someone that can create what you want.

There are no shortcuts in $$$ when you start talking about turbo busas. My guestimate of $6k can't be replaced by a $3k eBay block. Not trying to be mean, just trying to save you time researching things. Stick with the common stock bore and stock cams, and let the turbo make the hp, not the engine size.

Back