Ok guys, need help 1 last time!

woodrrow

Registered
My bike is up and running, tranny feels great, rides smooth and feels like a brand new bike!

However, when I get on it, my RPMs go up but I don't really go any faster. This happens in all gears, well 1-4, I didn't wanna ride it too much. It reacts the same as if I was slipping the clutch. So I guess I just need to bleed the clutch again. We did it once and really got it flowing and the handle feels normal when I pull it. I guess I need to buy a bleeder and put it on when I get home and bleed it 1 more time.

Does this sound right to any body else here?

Any other ideas what it could be?

2nd gear, cruising at 30, at say 4000rpm, I give it gas, and the engine revs up to about 8000 but I'm only going 37-40mph now. Same thing in all gears. The tranny is smooth. I dont know what to do..

Check your clutch pack and make sure you have them stacked right. steel on fiber. Make sure all your springs are good and that you don't have something holding pressure on the clutch when the lever is released.

Sounds like your clutch IS slipping to me... I would check your clutch as the other fella said... you havent been running any automotive oil in your bike have you?

sound like a clutch problem to me maybe a washer or something put in the wrong place had a similar problem with my gsxr1k replaced clutch and basket clutch would slip and FI light turned on ended up being a washer on the wrong side of the basket

We think the first clutch plate might be put in backwards, which has a bit of a taper on it.. Which would cause it to not be working right.

I sure hope you get this worked out Ben. I know it must be driving you crazy not being able to ride.

Yea it's not too bad though. Kev's going to head over on lunch he thinks he can fix the clutch in just a few minutes.

Hey Dawn, are ya'll going to feel like riding tonight?
Kevin and Anna + Me and Meg are going to go. You and Randy need to come too!

Last edited:
Yea it's not too bad though. Kev's going to head over on lunch he thinks he can fix the clutch in just a few minutes.

Hey Dawn, are ya'll going to feel like riding tonight?
Kevin and Anna + Me and Meg are going to go. You and Randy need to come too!

I don't know about Randy but I'm still sick and will more than likely be laying in bed or the couch. David might want to go. who's house are y'all meeting at and what time?

Not sure, me and Kevin figured if we pulled up geared up and ready to go about 7:00-7:10Randy wouldn't be able to resist! Probably head up to MSF about 7:20 b/c they ride out at 7:30 sharp. David said he would probably meet us there, he has his own little ride he likes to take out that way.

Sounds like your clutch IS slipping to me... I would check your clutch as the other fella said... you havent been running any automotive oil in your bike have you?

ive got mobil 1 car synthetic in both of my turbo busas

the 2000 makes 461 hp / 280 ft*lbs, original clutch pack has 24K miles on it now

the 2008 makes 356 hp / 217 ft*lbs.

Car oil doens't make your clutch slip.

you need one of these we have them and clutches in stock sounds like a bleeder issue would solve it though..

mp08143_sm.jpg

Sounds like too much clearance in the clutch pack. Either that or it just didn't get put back together quite right. I'd pull it apart and re-assemble as shown in the service manual and see what happens. If the plates are burned, though, you'll need to replace them regardless.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back