got a question for u (yes U)

busaboy007

Registered
well hello everyone
im back to ask somemore questions
and to test thr oRg infinite wisdom
so last night i got pulled over for unsafe lane movement (side to side )bogus Yes i did do it there was no one around obviously not far enough push come to shove he IC coded it 9-21-8-24 witch isnt ever discriptive about lane movment within the lane but moving from 1 lane to another which i wasnt doing You know a quick back and forth inside the lane to warm up the tires never knew this was ilegal

any words of wisdom should i contest is it worth my time i dont believe i was unsafe i wasnt puting anyone else in danger or myself this would be my first infraction so any wisdom is better then none :please::please:

yes im 19 i usualy only do quote (unsafe) thing when i now thers no cop around everyone does it wisdom please ironic isnt it

what should my case be i told the cop less then a mile and i hlf befor pulling onto the rode my tire were in a puddle and i was drying them off also to warm them back up

heres the IC code description
Slowing down, turning from a direct course, and changing lanes;
performance with reasonable safety; signal

Sec. 24. A person may not:
(1) slow down or stop a vehicle;
(2) turn a vehicle from a direct course upon a highway; or
(3) change from one (1) traffic lane to another;
unless the movement can be made with reasonable safety. Before
making a movement described in this section, a person shall give a
clearly audible signal by sounding the horn if any pedestrian may be
affected by the movement and give an appropriate stop or turn signal
in the manner provided in sections 27 through 28 of this chapter if
any other vehicle may be affected by the movement.

only thing the resembles what happen is dicription 2 but i wasnt on a highway and i didnt change course i made a S in the lane as if i was dodging a object:poke:

Best bet is to go to court and plead your case, if you are honest and willing to at least present it in the best light, you may get a waiver or a reduction in fine.
Just my 2
Bubba

what is your driving/riding record? have a past history of misbehavin on the road? if you've been a saint till now, might have a shot at contesting. if not not, best of luck.

this would be my first infraction is there anything were they would waiver it and if i drove clean they would drop it like a driving probation

I would fight it. Looks like when he saw you , he took it as weaving and thought maybe you had been drinking. When he pulled you and didn't smell any alcohol, he still wanted to give you a ticket for something. Good luck to ya brother.

yaa the cop was a total douche everything i told him he thought i was lieing
it was like he had a bad day and he just had to take it out on the poor sportbike rider i wonder if he owns a hardly davidson hahahha

ANY opinion on how to present my case

Honestly!
No judge is going to believe you if you come up with some great story. They have heard them all!
The one thing they rarely hear is the truth, give it a shot! Worst case is you pay the fine, everything else is Gravy!
Try it!
Bubba

I have been in law enforcement for 18 years and I have never even heard of someone being issued a summons for warming their tires within their own lane, I do it often. If you do go to court I would keep the douche bag comments to yourself and tell the truth. Good luck.

Go to court on it.
Be very respectful towards the judge.
Don't point the finger at the leo or say anything offensive about him.
Just tell him the truth about what you were doing and that you honestly didn't think you were doing anything wrong.

That's all I got... Good luck!

Go to court on it.
Be very respectful towards the judge.
Don't point the finger at the leo or say anything offensive about him.
Just tell him the truth about what you were doing and that you honestly didn't think you were doing anything wrong.

That's all I got... Good luck!

+1000 good luck

Back