Meathead sans gear pays the price

2hip

Registered
Check out this poor soul...he is missing a lot of skin...I have seen so many guys and gals in the ER sans skin due to the "immortality complex"...never going to happen to me type of thing. If you go down you are going to leave skin slime all over the pavement..and the saddest thing for me is listening to these guys scream when the ER nurses are using scrub brushes soaked in Betadyne to get all of the dirt out of the mascerated tissue...You think hurt is right after the crash...take a look at this guy's face..you can tell he is hurting terribly. That ain't nothing compared to how he will hurt when he is getting the scrub down. The Er nurses know that the harder they scrub it clean the less chance that this guy will get a fulminating infection..

ATGATT...I might add that a helmet without a full face protector is one of the stupidest things you can do on a motorcycle...I can't tell you how many times people who ride V-Twins wear the Nazi style helmets and think it is un-cool to wear a sportsbike type of helmet...You think a skinned leg or arm is ugly...you should see half a face wiped out and some of the anatomical features missing...:banghead:

skinned alive.jpg

Last edited:
OOOWWW!!!! I went down on the track in full gear and walked away without a scratch but realized how horrible it would have been in just a t-shirt. Nothing but leather for this guy when I'm on two wheels.

GADS! That makes me hurt looking at it, I have always liked to gear up even during the hottest weather I would always wear leather or ballistic material jackets. Pants not so much even though I have leather since I really do like levi's but never tennis shoes, shorts or tank tops and +1 on full face helmets.

Uncle Steve, good post up...lot of guys don't know the strength of different fabrics. One of the reasons I chose air mesh Kevlar is due to having the highest tear numbers in the business...got mine from Motoport...little pricey but worth the price the first time you go down...It's the "WORD"

That looks like it hurts.:laugh:
High heat in GA and I see plenty of guys and gals with not even a jacket on. Some are wearing tank-top and shorts. WTF!
I'd rather sweat all the liquid out of me than to have to replace skin.:laugh:

It's a losing battle. T-shirt flipping in the wind exposing the rider's back - a typical view these days. :deadhorse:

after having the busa for 5 yrs and no jacket i bought one this year because of what i have seen and heard..

*groans*

I refuse to ride anywhere without my gear regardless how hot the weather gets.

ATGATT! :rulez:

I will testify that the brush at the ER hurt worse than the bike wreck. It was 1984 and we didn't really wear leather, but I do now.

Ahhh damn, that looks like it hurts! Ive always been too scared to ride without gear! Besides Im in the Army and if I ride without the proper gear, my family wouldnt get their benefits If I were to pass on. So thats just dumb to me! :rulez:

Yup, if it's too hot for my jacket I aint going. I always wear denim and my work boots. I keep putting off buying some riding pants (for my wife and I) cause I don't if I should textile, leather, of kevlar/denim.
And does anybody know where I can find riding boots in a size 15 B?

Hey at least his Tattoo is Ok :) ! (if that is a tattoo on his shoulder ?)

I learned about road rash before I ever had a bike . Grew up on skateboards and yes sliding down Hillsborough blvd in Nashville Tn I too got the scrub in the ER. Falling off the board hurt , the scrub hurt even more , picking the gravel out of my back hurt more than these two but what hurt most was seeing and hearing my mom cry by my side when it all happened !

Been there done that, no fun.. looks like he also has a broken ankle...

Back