How many have a touring bike also?

crepitus

Registered
I have always like the HD Road King. Got to ride one on Sunday with the wife and really enjoyed it. Its a totally different machine obviously from the Busa. I find myself riding more 2 up with the wife and less with my friends most of which sold their street (metric) bikes. I dont think I can give the Busa up at this point. I would like to hear from people who have 2 bikes. Whats your other bike? What do you find yourself riding more? Pros and cons?

i have a dyna, a few goldwings, a chopper, a hack, and a few other "metric" bikes as well. i am working on getting a victory vison for touring on. i ride my hayabusa more than anything else. i pull out the others a few times a year. dust them off, and take them for a ride, sometimes a really long ride. my wife will not ride on the back of the busa, but she loves the harley and wings. if you want a cruzer, i suggest rideing all makes and models before buying. if you like the harley, you might like the victorys, or any of the other fine road bikes out there. give them a shot and find one you like. you can never have too many bikes!:thumbsup:

The Busa is my touring bike.

IMG_0150.JPG

full stable as well here...As to riding I love my "Lazy Boy" 08 Ultra Classic HD for many different reasons, comfort being the main. I would also say that you will find yourself riding each one of them for different reasons and for reasons only you the owner may understand. When I have the need for speed I break the Busa out that's my stimulate of choice.

I have always like the HD Road King. Got to ride one on Sunday with the wife and really enjoyed it. Its a totally different machine obviously from the Busa. I find myself riding more 2 up with the wife and less with my friends most of which sold their street (metric) bikes. I dont think I can give the Busa up at this point. I would like to hear from people who have 2 bikes. Whats your other bike? What do you find yourself riding more? Pros and cons?

I have been lucky to have always had a sportbike and a cruiser at the same time. Currently have an '02 Road King Classic (my 2nd RK) and the '08 Busa. The mood I am in and/or the trip I am taking determines which bike I take.

Now have an excuse to post pics :)

83851-kromdom-albums-4944-02-rkc-picture29817-2-tone-pearl-white-and-tangelo.jpg

My goal was to get another bike that was the polar opposite of the busa, but can still tour on course.

Ended up with a BMW K1200R for awhile. Fun, powerful, and still easy to drag knees. Basically a standard.

Dsc01072_knoxville_800.jpg

Dsc01055_knoxille_1000.jpg

Dsc02053_gopro_900.jpg

Dsc01072_knoxville_800.jpg

Dsc01055_knoxille_1000.jpg

Dsc02053_gopro_900.jpg

That's a very sharp Road King. I got to ride a coworker's Screamin' Eagle Road King with a transplanted 124" motor and it blew me away, the torque was just flat out ridiculous. It also set off all car alarms in a 3 block radius. :D

Which bike do you prefer for commuting, and longer trips?

sweet bikes. guess i am going to have to shop around. if i see a deal i will grab it. in no rush of getting a bike right now. and i will take the advice to check out a few other manufactures although i have always wanted a Harley Road King Classic. The Busa is so much more refined but i still enjoyed the RKs ride. And the wife really like the comfort. I cant say i didnt. :thumbsup:

My wife and I each have GL1800 for the long rides. If I would consider a Vision based on our experience with our 2 Victory's

I have to say that I love my busa more than any other bike. I have tested(demo rides) the HD Sportster 1200L it was nice at 75/80 without the windscreen. (<-- thought I was gonna fly off the back of it) I did like it. I have also recently tested the Victory Hammer S and simply loved that one. I could really go for one of those now. I have a friend that has a Honda Aero Shadow up for sale and we are possibly looking into checking it out. I won't give up my busa for anything I already know that. I like the victory over the hd for some reason. def test ride different ones before you settle though. :thumbsup:

This is my 06 Street Bob I do my long distance cruising on. I have a gel pad installed in the Low Rider seat on it. Fits me real comfortable.!!
The air cleaner is off an 08 Dyna, I couldn't stand to look at one of those goofy footballs..!! The wheels are from an 06 SuperGlide.
Horn is sportster horn up front on frame. Couldn't stand to look at the goofy cowbell..!!

Bikealone.jpg

Last edited:
Back