Gonna buy a Harley

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Busa brothers, if ya think I have lost it, help me back on the right path, but I'm going to add a Harley to the stable for the reasons below, soon.

1.) Every Sunday, about 50 Harleys leave close to where I live for a fun ride, Busa won't fit there and it looks like a nice group of folks.

2.) Wifey will be more comfortable on those 100 mile rides.

3.) If you are an American (I became one in 2006) you have to at least have owned a Harley once in a lifetime.

4.) I can't hang bells and leather decorations on the Busa, they fall off around 150mph.

5.) A Busa will never make an American fashion statement.

6.) Group rides with a Busa are not easy to organize of find.

So, any advice to stop me and make me save some money?

Sounds like good reasons to me. Make sure you wear gear (against Harley rules I think) and post up pics!

As long as it's "ADDING" it's all good.........I love the Street Glide, but I truely miss the Busa...

Won't find hate against a Harley here, but you might want to check out the new up and comer Victory - beautiful bikes and give HD's a run for their money!

Post pics! :beerchug:

Reason #4 says it all! :laugh: Probably get tired of leading the way on a Busa and if you ride behind them you get tired of dodging parts and the smell of 50 Briggs and Strattons. :poke:

All the power to you in your decision. I will tell you, Ive owned a Harley for almost 10 years and just sold it and bought a Busa. Yes the Harley is a sort of fashion statement, yes their rides seem to be much more organized, (as Im finding out) they make alot of noise and go slow, but thats a whole different riding experience. Comfort, well thats a crapshoot, depending on the model. My butt on my Fatboy could only last a couple hrs max. They got the clothes and stuff, which is good- but its just not the same. Back in 2000 I had to order my Fatty, wait my turn, and each dealer only got so many- if you couldnt afford it you couldnt get it. Now, shoot you can finance them for 10 years and everybody and their brother has one. The appeal to me has gone away partly because of that. Thats why I went to the Busa, same kinda group, same kind of aftermarket support and one hell of alot more bike- powerwise/ handling etc. And beautiful in its own way too. Good luck with your decision Jellyrug.

Busa brothers, if ya think I have lost it, help me back on the right path, but I'm going to add a Harley to the stable for the reasons below, soon.

1.) Every Sunday, about 50 Harleys leave close to where I live for a fun ride, Busa won't fit there and it looks like a nice group of folks.

2.) Wifey will be more comfortable on those 100 mile rides.

3.) If you are an American (I became one in 2006) you have to at least have owned a Harley once in a lifetime.

4.) I can't hang bells and leather decorations on the Busa, they fall off around 150mph.

5.) A Busa will never make an American fashion statement.

6.) Group rides with a Busa are not easy to organize of find.

So, any advice to stop me and make me save some money?

I'm sure you're just yankin chains around here but here it goes

1. Ride what you want because you like the bike, if you can't fit in with what you got they really weren't that nice of a group to ride with in the first place.

2. I can see the harley maybe being more passenger friendly, maybe, they vibrate like a sob, I own a Big Dog K9 which is close to Harley as you can get.

3. I'm proud to be an American but not proud of poor advances in technology for 2010 prices

4. Dress up should be for Halloween, costume parties, etc.

5. ... i wear what i like, or whats comfortable, not trying to make any fashion statements.

6. ...dunno bout any advice there, i ride solo or with a few close friends and family, but there are sportbike folks everywhere and they all like riding with other sportbikes, regardless of brand

Most of all ignore my opinions on the subject and do what you want because it's what would make you happy and allow you and your wife enjoy a ride. I like all motorcycles and would have one of each if it were possible but since i don't have those types of funds i'll flame the harleys for now. :laugh:

Oh yeah, and get out your pocket book because they fall apart and are overpriced to start with, oh yeah, and carry a couple of spare bottles of red loctite everywhere you go as well as an assortment of wrenches to put the parts back on.

As long as it's "ADDING" it's all good.........I love the Street Glide, but I truely miss the Busa...

+1....I have the 'Busa, a '61 Panhead and an '02 Road King. Choices are good, but always wear gear regardless of what you ride, choppers, cruisers or sport.

ya the comfort definitely depends on which bike you have. my dads Harley is nowhere near a comfortable ride, however he also has 18'' wheels with low pro tires, air ride suspension, and a bunch of other custom parts on it so its made to look good not necessarily be the most comfortable ride. and i guess the comfort doesnt really matter when he put under 10 miles on it all of last year... i rode it to graduation last year and put more miles on it than he did all year. but still, if you get the right one they are definitely nice bikes. If you want to add one to your rides go for it.

HD is cool. I have had a few of them and grew up around them. I currently have a Soft Tail Deluxe FLSTN. I have to say I love the Busa more though. :thumbsup:

It is hard for me to put down any brand of bike. I own several and they all have their good points. I will agree with some of the comments made as to the Victory and even the big Yamahas.
The only thing to keep in mind do not become one of " Those rugged individuals that all look alike"

It is more important to ride and enjoy. Keep the rubber side down.
:thumbsup:

id take a look at the victory lineup before i commited to a harley.
Why, ride a Harley clone when you can get the real thing? I mean thats what he wants. As for Victory's the few guys I knew with them only got em to save a couple bucks and ended up trading them in on HDs anyway. Just get what you want. Victorys are junk IMO. Harleys quality is excellent now, as it should be with yesterdays technology. And to the guys who think they still fall apart, I call bull**** !

I had a 04 Soft tail duece before I had either one of my busa's. I love it for cruising around town, but long rides absolutely sucked. If I ever get another harley it will be a electric glide, but I will definately keep the busa also. Nothing compares.

Yeah, I've got a 2006 Harley Street Bob that I've customized with a lot of different year Harley parts, but the basic bike is trouble free and runs like a top. When I'm going to ride long distances or carry a passenger, I take the HD. If I'm out for just a couple hours blasting around, I ride and enjoy the Busa.
Love both bikes, but the Busa is definitely my favorite..!! :thumbsup:

Back