Former officer sentenced in Ottawa motorcyclist shooting.

The shooter got off easy with a ten year sentence!

The rider received a life sentence!

I feel justice was served in this unfortunate insidence!

Thanks for posting, I had this on my reminder but hadn't checked. Did you read the article? This guy didn't even express any remorse or say he was sorry for what had happened. He said he couldn't understand how a police officer could be indicted for making a split second decision. Geez, the should have given him another 5 yrs. to see if he can figure it out.

Now hopefully the state of Ohio will be financially for Mr. McCloskey for the rest of his life... A very sad situation...

Sad ending either way. I do remember the video and the officer did not take the time to think. Now he has a lot of time to think.:whistle:

He did not think. I am glad to hear that he will recieve a good sentence for the crimes that he committed.

Justice!! served, No it wasn't fair for the guy who will never walk again but at least it couldn't be swept under the carpet like it usually does f n noob jockey leo

Glad to see he's at least getting some sentence... Hope his appeal doesn't let him out early...

He deserves every minute of that sentence and IMHO should have got a longer one. Yeah he's going to have a grand old time in prison.

Very sad situation for both parties involved. One guy is crippled for life at a young age due to a happy trigger. One LEO's life has also been ruined for a poor judgement. Let's not forget, guys, that being a LEO is a very dangerous job and they do it for public safety. So many cops get dusted every year by not being quick enough with their guns to save their own lives...and some people are just gunned down accidently due to the officer's fear for his own life...try not to be too condescending towards this LEO. It was a mistake..and I can really understand how LEO can fear for the safety of their own life and make a poor decision in the "blink of an eye"....just sayin

I have to agree with 2hip about the police and how their safety is put in a split second choices more often then the public realizes,but from that police cam video he really jumped the gun on firing on the rider.

As for him showing no remorse on his actions? WOW! It's OK to admit you were in the right for what you done and still be sorry for it also. Hope he doesn't enter prison with that same attitude. Poor poor Judge dread!

Everyone makes mistakes and pays for them, just unfortunate this one leaves a man in a wheelchair and other in prison at fairly young ages.

Yup. There's some situations I never want to be in and pulling a gun because I have to protect my own life is one of them. They do it regularly, because they have to. So sad for both families.

Back