Temporary loan of swingarm pivot sockets?

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
Lookin to swap swingarm to an 05LE black one in a couple weeks when I replace my plastics. Is anyone willing to loan me their swingarm sockets? I borrowed a chain tool from Shawn(mcmustang) before and returned it promptly so i'm worthy I assure ya. I just don't wanna buy em cuz I never plan to use em again. Thanks for the consideration guys.
Posted via Mobile Device

with some patience, you can get by with a hammer and a flathead screwdriver. i'm sure someone will say its not the "proper" way, but i've removed/replaced more swingarms than i can count, and have had no issues.

Yeah, but I was hopin some org brothers would hook me up
Posted via Mobile Device

schnitz has them for 40 for the real ones, boostbysmith has the cut std sockets he makes for 30.

you could cut them yourselves if you get omslaw's socket, to use as a comparo.

or are you needing all three pieces? i had the socket for the nut, and made a tool to turn the pivot shaft, and bought the lock nut tool

Last edited:
good idea for the board members with higher post ratings or maybe whoever has them say, paypal a deposit on them, loan em out for x amount of days and upon return you get your deposit back? ? ? ? ? ?

How soon are you talking about? Im in the mids of swapping my arms around and will need mine. But after that we could do something?

I have smithbyboost key and use a large spark plug socket ( backward with extension running thru it ) to turn the pivot bolt.

Pivot shaft tool? Lock nut tool?

Ha, I guess I need all the sockets to swap swingarm other than the normal socket cuz I have a 33mm and 36mm
Posted via Mobile Device

Om's gonna hook me up, I appreciate your offer tho frog
Posted via Mobile Device

way to go guys....i might had something that would have worked...let me know if you need a back up

boreing!!! should do mohawks on it too to match your helmet :cheerleader:

Back