Clocked at 153mph... Gotta love the news...

Vega

Registered
News story about those insane motorcycle riders doing 60, 80 or even 153mph!!! :laugh:

Kinda thought it was funny how biased the news can be...

Anyways, you guys catch the two busas near the end... The lady was complaining about them... Yeah... Don't run from the cops...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that's incredibly one-sided. I wonder how slowly they were going when the motorcycles were passing on the double yellow.

Can I get a refund? My Busa doesn't go "well over 200mph," WTF!? :laugh:

153mph ..... :laugh: Somebody was having fun...

In all honesty, I don't care if someone in a car, truck, bicycle, is doing 90 in a 45 - as long as they aren't being wreckless NEAR OTHER VEHICLES. Such as ramming that poor woman. If you want to put your OWN life in danger, be my guest, just don't put mine or someone elses. With that said, I like how the news states that resources are "stretched thin" due to all these motorcycle accidents, umm... Can I get the statistics on ALL motor vehicle accidents during this time period? I bet it would be a different story....

How bet these "wreckless" truckers who are frequently coming into my lane on these blind curves as well? That isn't fun to find either...

I also work in an ER, have been for a long time now, and let me tell you. I will bet my left foot most EMS providers would rather scrape you off the pavement than take over 99 % of most 911 calls, which usually include "vomiting x 1 hour," "abd pain x 2 months," "Dental pain," "Back pain," Blah blah blah. Now don't get me wrong, there are SOME legitimate EMS calls, but by in far, not the majority.

Ride safe folks :rulez: :beerchug:

Wow, that's incredibly one-sided. I wonder how slowly they were going when the motorcycles were passing on the double yellow.

Another good point, most bikes can pass a car or truck very safely on a double yellow. Depending on the vehicle and driver courtesy, you can do it without even crossing the lines...

Old news from 2008, I wonder what they have done to 'tame' the road since then or if is just another sound bite that was soon forgotten....:whistle:

Sport bike riders are always ticking someone off and on any given weekend someone is getting airlifted out of the East County in San Diego because they over estimated their abilities but we rarely (if ever?) see any news footage such as this.

Oh, C'mon guys.... Defend it all you want, but how many threads are on this board called "Do you run from the police"

How many threads of videos carving canyons well in excess of the speed limit, frequently through traffic, frequently crossing double yellows to pull better lines through corners...

Granted the majority of people will call it out as bad practice..... but the fact is, its never the majority that gives a group a bad name...

I mean c'mon:

"Another good point, most bikes can pass a car or truck very safely on a double yellow. Depending on the vehicle and driver courtesy, you can do it without even crossing the lines... "

How is that a good point.... its against the law to pass in a double yellow area... PERIOD.... its not illegal except for those who can do it safely, or think they can... thats the attitude that gives sport riders a bad name....

People are sitting here acting like WHAAAA NOT ME! then in their next thread they probally have their top speed run of the week, or a go pro video of them out carving or Hooning around...

Own your responsibility, dont try and pass it off as media bias....

HOW can we jump yell and scream about cagers crossing the line, when we try to turn around and say BUT its ok for us to do...

just my .02

Oh, C'mon guys.... Defend it all you want, but how many threads are on this board called "Do you run from the police"

How many threads of videos carving canyons well in excess of the speed limit, frequently through traffic, frequently crossing double yellows to pull better lines through corners...

Granted the majority of people will call it out as bad practice..... but the fact is, its never the majority that gives a group a bad name...

I mean c'mon:

"Another good point, most bikes can pass a car or truck very safely on a double yellow. Depending on the vehicle and driver courtesy, you can do it without even crossing the lines... "

How is that a good point.... its against the law to pass in a double yellow area... PERIOD.... its not illegal except for those who can do it safely, or think they can... thats the attitude that gives sport riders a bad name....

People are sitting here acting like WHAAAA NOT ME! then in their next thread they probally have their top speed run of the week, or a go pro video of them out carving or Hooning around...

Own your responsibility, dont try and pass it off as media bias....

HOW can we jump yell and scream about cagers crossing the line, when we try to turn around and say BUT its ok for us to do...

just my .02

There are plenty of things that are illegal that I don't agree with, hence, I have a brain. Lets see......

VA laws I don't agree with, therefore don't practice :rulez:

1.) Not only is it illegal to have sex with the lights on, one may not have sex in any position other than missionary.

2.) A. On the first day of the week, commonly known and designated as Sunday, no person shall engage in work, labor or business or employ others to engage in work, labor or business except in the following industries and businesses:

3.) If one is not married, it is illegal for him to have sexual relations.

4.) Driving while not wearing shoes is prohibited.

5.) Children are not to go trick-or-treating on Halloween.

6.) It is illegal to tickle women.

HERES A KICKER - I BET YOU BREAK THIS ONE YOU JAIL BIRD!!

7.) Citizens must honk their horn while passing other cars.

I mean, should I go on??? Give me a break, preach some more :moon:

I have an air-cooled, carbureted engine, you think I care that it is illegal to lane split? Is the jacka** state govt gonna buy me a new engine when I sit in traffic at 90 degrees???

You know, it is illegal to remove your catalytic converter! OMG SOMEONE CALL THE COPS!? :spank:

So please give me a list, so that I know, of which laws I am allowed to ignore, break, and which ones I should follow and try to uphold :rofl:

Blah Blah Blah thats why I don't watch the news:laugh: Funny how it said the lady was a victim when it looked like she pulled out in front of the bikes. I blame the squids mostly but with the media you never get the whole story :rofl:

Not too many threads/videos on here of people acting like that in traffic without getting jumped on. I NEVER agree with going in the on coming traffic lane by anyone. If you can't keep it in your lane then you are over your head, or just not thinking about the possible outcome JMO. I am sure not claiming to be an angel, but I don't play in traffic (even though my Pop use to tell me to when I was little :laugh:).

I just think cars & CRUISERS do it just as much !!!

Last edited:
And your not allowed to walk your elephant on the sidewalk in downtown Norfolk.

Glad we left that dumbass state and took Jerry, our elephant with us.
Besides, I'm a good boy. I dont break any laws. . . :whistle:

:whistle: I'm with him I don't break the law either. If the cop didn't see it does it make it legal or if a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound. J/K I would prefer to keep my speed on the track if at all possible. Yeah the track I haven't been to yet.

Cars/Trucks/Cruisers really do speed just as much if not more. How many stories do we have just on this forum of crazy drivers we've encountered. I'm babbling!!! :thumbsup:

There are plenty of things that are illegal that I don't agree with, hence, I have a brain. Lets see......

So please give me a list, so that I know, of which laws I am allowed to ignore, break, and which ones I should follow and try to uphold :rofl:

Do you fault the officer for giving you a ticket for speeding as well, because he should have known that your brain doesnt agree with that law... ???

You can try and argue what ever form of backwards logic you want, dragging out laws that are probally older than your grandfather as some form of justification, or that somehow, tickling your mom, is on the same level of silly ludicrousness as crossing a double yellow line and passing a car...

What happens if you decide to split the lane, and spook some old lady in a towncar because you werent supposed to be there, and she swerves and takes you out....

Is it her fault or yours?

At the end of the day, what is being done, is you breaking the law... Its not up to you if its enforced by officers, or looked upon well by the masses, or if it even makes sense...

Would you let a Cager do 153 mph and fly up your butt while your cruising around on your bike? Keep in mind, your average sports car can actually stop faster than your average sport bike.... car ~125 ft 60mph-0(ls2 pontiac gto GM SPEC) vs sport bike ~146ft 60mph-0 (600CC BANDIT sport rider magazine experimental)

Something tells me, if we flipped the cars and bikes in that video, we would all be having a very different conversation right now..

Last edited:
and... my silly law contribution..

In texas....

1) When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.

2) Up to a felony charge can be levied for promoting the use of, or owning more than six dildos.

3) A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.

It's perfectly legal to lane split in California, and most of us do all the time. It's very normal out here.

Back