omg omg

busaboy007

Registered
well hello oRg
just want to let ya in on my amazing day so for the last 2 year i have been drag racin my bike had alot of fun meet alot of good friend Well now it has kind of burnt me out want somthing new and started riden with some guy that like to hit the twisties and its a hole new ball park soooo the twisty fever overcame me raised my bike back up and threw on some new pilot power 2ct and omg my bike hadles like a hole new bike now its time for a track day im realy shocked what 2 1/2 inches will do and some good tires will do just thought id let everyone in my new crazy:beerchug::beerchug: PS the sec pic is what i do to old tires eco friendly recycling

IMG00159.jpg

IMG00153.jpg

hahahahahhaah anyone know what front calipers can be swaped as an up grade need morestopin power (on a budget)

Are you using braided lines and better (than stock) pads? Those 2 things alone improved my braking power, feel, and feed back greatly.

Are you using braided lines and better (than stock) pads? Those 2 things alone improved my braking power, feel, and feed back greatly.

What he said! EBC HH, or EBC Extremes (prepare to pay for these).

Actually, I am typing this while relaxing in the motel after the track day. It is somewhat involved compared to the twisties, but when you get past all the travel, prep, etc. and enjoy pure riding, it's a very special experience. It was a dang hot day though.

:beerchug:

i would upgrade the calipers last, if the braided lines and new pads don't do it for you go for a new master cylinder next. It's a big heavy bike, it won't stop like a 600. If you really take a liking to track days you'll probably be picking up a track bike anyways.

I'm running the 2ct on my busa right now but if I were to take her to the track I would go with BT-016s, BT-003s, or Dunlop q2s. I've never had in issues with my Michelin's but there are a few too many horror stories out there for my taste. Make sure your tire pressures are where they need to be for track riding.

I've never been to the drag strip but imho corner carving is way more fun than strait line speed.

Also make sure the sag is set correctly on the bike, or at least as close as you can get it. Pay somebody to do it if you have to. It makes a huge difference in how the bike handles.

Most of all just have a good time and don't get too caught up in being the fastest guy out there. Don't get down on yourself if you lay it down, it happens.

Good Luck and welcome to the addiction!!

btw sexy bike, probably my favorite color schemes on the gen 1.

thanks for all imput it was greatly helpful about suspension setup i had a friend sit on my bike that is crazy awesome and does track days all the time for the rear shock whats a good set up my rebound and compression is good maybe a littlemore preload its a little soft what do u want the bike to feel like when on a trck stiffer or softer idk never been to a road course

Last edited:
EBC H-H pads... metal sintered.... I still have 10 year old hoses stock master cylinder...
I hear frequently that a lot of us complain about a weak front brake system.....not sure why... but as of yesterday wicking up over 165.. and the squeezing pretty hard i can get the front to start locking up....controlled right at the limit of traction...Mich 2ct. in otherwords for me i have more stopping power than i can use already..go figure as my buddy would say. :whistle:
Ps suspension setup.... if there are any bumps that make the bike bounce up to fast....
adjust the rebound harder... makes for a much more enjoyable track ride without the bike bucking around.. hope this helps...

I put a set of Braking HH compound pads on mine, they work really well. In parking lot situations I can get the front to start chattering, alternating between locking up and still spinning. Initial application isn't as good as most other bikes I've ridden, but I'm assuming braided lines would fix that. I did notice my 02 is much better than my buddy's 07, some of the difference may be contributed to the front line routing- his has 2 different lines, one for each caliper. Mine has one line from the master to the right caliper, then a jumper line from the right to the left caliper. Not sure why Suzuki changed it on the later bikes.

I put a set of Braking HH compound pads on mine, they work really well. In parking lot situations I can get the front to start chattering, alternating between locking up and still spinning. Initial application isn't as good as most other bikes I've ridden, but I'm assuming braided lines would fix that. I did notice my 02 is much better than my buddy's 07, some of the difference may be contributed to the front line routing- his has 2 different lines, one for each caliper. Mine has one line from the master to the right caliper, then a jumper line from the right to the left caliper. Not sure why Suzuki changed it on the later bikes.

When I changed to the Spiegler lines, I went with the 1 line/crossover to the other caliper.
The lines and EBC HH pads leave me with the only one worry, warping my stock rotors at a track day. The "balloon" feeling of the stock rubber lines is totally gone. Two fingers can stop it as fast as it's going to stop. A little jerk, and the front wheel will lock at 80mph (a definite :shocked:moment).
IMO, the best way to go about better brakes on a Busa.:thumbsup:

Good to know, for sure. If I had an 07 I would've already changed the lines. I'll probably still do it to mine, but it's not quite as critical. Sounds like a mod for next winter. :D

Back