New Master Link

nickespi

Registered
So I took the stock chain off because I was going to put my stretched arm on, but plans have changed and I'm going to run the stocker for a bit longer. Question is will any 530 master link work or do I need to order the one from the stealership? Thanks

I'm trying to avoid ordering one. The one I have is an LM530PRO. Wasn't sure if they're interchangeable. I would assume a 530 o-ring is a 530 o-ring. I know EK and ZZZ are different tensile strengths, but...???????

A Masterlink is a Masterlink as long as it is the same size. Just get a 530 from the dealer. Mine cost me $6.

The new master link I bought wont slide into the old chain. The chain is the stocker with about 3000 miles on it and the master link I bought is a 530. I also tried the new master on a new chain I have laying around and it went in fine. ??? What's the deal?

How did it not go on? Pins and holes not the same size? Clip style and just being stubborn maybe?

although two chains may be the same size.....520, 530, 535...etc. there may be variation on some of the dimensions, like pin diameter, or thickness of the side plates. most chain manufacturers make more than one 530 chain, and each one will have a specific masterlink and may not be universal

so the simple answer is:

not all masterlinks will fit all chains.

Thanks for all the answers. Since I had 2 EK's laying around and they were working fine with the master links I had laying around, I just threw my shorter one on. The stocker I guess will just have to be a back-up for my stock arm, once I get an RK master link.

When my arm went to powdercoat, the guy removed the bearings without telling me. So now I need new bearings, but I leave in a month and the bikes has been apart since Jan. So for sanity reasons I just threw the stocker back on so I could at least get a few rides in.

When my arm went to powdercoat, the guy removed the bearings without telling me. So now I need new bearings, but I leave in a month and the bikes has been apart since Jan. So for sanity reasons I just threw the stocker back on so I could at least get a few rides in.

The bearings would have been cooked anyway, too bad he didnt tell ya earlier so you caould order new ones

Back