Bike is feeling much better now!

NewbieOnBusa

Registered
Bike was idealing below 1k rpms and was stalling too much. Right around 850-900 rpms. So after browsing around some thread's i decided to pop the tank open and adjust the throttle. The play in the throttle went away and i adjusted it right around 1100-1150 rpms :)

Now it runs and sounds a lil better. Smooth acceleration and yeah no stalling !

Also just got my jet black solo cowl from SUZUKI JAPAN :)

Trieng to make her look prettier :laugh:

Good deal man. Mine was doing the same thing when I first got her. Searched the org and bam, problem fixed. Got rid of the clutch chatter also.

Mine still chatters.. i have the same exact model like ur's :laugh:
Around 3k rpms i hear clicking/ticking and as soon as i pull the clutch..its goooone!

Here is my idle now......
IMAG0060.jpg

Installed my cowl and hot bodies db windscreen today :cheerleader:
IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

I dont know about other members but I found I had a rattle/chatter when I started getting up into higher rpms and it ended up being my windscreen i used double sided tape and it was gone but im also still using my stock screen I dont care to know how fast im going if I see blueys then apparently im going too fast lol since i can see up to about 85 -90mph and then after 110 - 120 i can see it again :whistle: not that i would know that or anything :rofl:

I dont know about other members but I found I had a rattle/chatter when I started getting up into higher rpms and it ended up being my windscreen i used double sided tape and it was gone but im also still using my stock screen I dont care to know how fast im going if I see blueys then apparently im going too fast lol since i can see up to about 85 -90mph and then after 110 - 120 i can see it again :whistle: not that i would know that or anything :rofl:

In my case its not the windscreen. I have double checked that. My stock use to do it but after i installed Hotbodies DB..it went away and clutch noise stayed...some folks say its normal..some say it aint...i read in one post that it could be because of valves and some say it could be because of throttle bodies are not synced.....i have no knowledge about this..lol

Thanks guys.
I worked for a yamaha dealership as a mechanic helper back in the old country in my younger days and i seen and heard plenty of bikes but it never call to my attention about the chatter of the clutch i always thought that was normal that's why i ask if i can learn something new that be awsome i haven't work in bikes for over 10 yrs so i am a little rusty thanks for the info.

From what I have read on here, the busa has what they call a noisey clutch. There isn't anything wrong with it, you just hear a chatter when you let off the lever. I idled mine up to 1200 rpm's and some set theirs at 1300. Got rid of my chatter and also help when having to idle through parking lots or what not. Not sure what the advantages are for a stock motor, but I think Brocks sells a clutch spring kit that will also kill the chatter. Maybe some one with more knowledge on the kit will chime in.

My clutches are just noisey, but quiet down quiet a bit when i do an oil change. They will start to chatter at me around 2500 letting me know it's oil change time again! :laugh:

Back