exhaust question

BusaBabe30

Registered
plan on chainging the exhaust this weekend from micron to yoshimura...single side full system..is it mandatory to change the orings on the header..i cant seem to find any of them in stock to buy before the weekend..and i want the exhaust installed asap.

thnx

well i didnt install the micron..it was bought with it on already...i have had the bike for almost two years..its an 06

I'd say they probably would be fine. Just look at them to make sure they aren't out of shape. Bolt up the header and listen for leaks at the head with a hose. If no leaks, you are good.

I guess there's two ways you could look at it. I personally would change them out just to be on the safe side and since you're going to take the exhaust off anyway, but if the parts are not available and you really really want to get the new exhaust on ASAP then I would just visually inspect them and check for leaks after the install as mentioned above.

thanks guys..yeah i hope everything goes good..plan to install on saturday..also gonna put an led kit on it..gonna be an all day event..i got a great deal on the yoshi rs 3..cant wait:cheerleader:

Permatex Ultra Copper is your friend. Use it on the old exhaust gaskets and you should be good to go:

51nHFf4kqZL__SL500_AA300_.jpg

I would go and get the new gaskets. What if the ones in there don't look good? Are you gonna slap the old exhaust back-on and wait or are you gonna put the new one on anyway? If there's anything not right with the old gaskets you're going to be doing alot of re-work. It's up to you.

:drama:no one has the gaskets around me...wish there were a suzuki dealership around me...so i will try the permatex on the old gaskets and see what happens...i need the micon exhaust off quick,,its got a leak and its backfiring alot..i hate riding when its like that

want to now whats the best exhaust for my 2009 hayabusa ? yoshi full exhaust or alien head brock full exhaust. your opinion is helpful . want the best for my bike ,please help thanks

want to now whats the best exhaust for my 2009 hayabusa ? yoshi full exhaust or alien head brock full exhaust. your opinion is helpful . want the best for my bike ,please help thanks

welcome. before somebody cries THREAD JACK, may I suggest that you go here first to intro yourself and to ask your question: New Owners Forum - Hayabusa.oRg

But to answer your question, exhaust is a VERY subjective mod. listen to both the Yosh and Brock and buy the one that you like. Personally, I like Yosh for Suzukis.

My brother just put a Yosh on his 600, and they told him he didn't need them with a Yosh. Not saying you don't, just what they told him .

But they're the same people that told me that you don't synch the throttle bodies on Busa's, lol

I'd say they probably would be fine. Just look at them to make sure they aren't out of shape. Bolt up the header and listen for leaks at the head with a hose. If no leaks, you are good.

It is usually how much the gasket or "o-ring" has been compressed under the end of the header. They don't usually get out of shape. It may be a problem when trying to reuse old gaskets if the new header length that squishes the gasket is shorter than the header length of the removed exhaust. Because then you may not get the proper seal. When you start off with new gaskets they are tall and get smashed down by the header when you tightedn up the bolts and that is where you get a good seal.

I have reused gaskets in the past without any problem. Best to get new ones but if they are not avaliable give it a try, should not be a problem.

Back