600 supersport and a heavy rider...?

gueroaero

Registered
This is mainly a question for the 270+lb riders out there; can a 600 still be decently fun for someone our size ??? ? Was at about 300lbs before, lost (and still losing) weight and I just wasn't sure if I was light enough to jump on my first supersport :D

i havent riden something that small in a long time. but even when i was not as big as i am now...it didnt have enough for me

I hover around 310lbs and its still plenty fast to have fun

wws63610.jpg

Last edited:
i weigh 245 (pure muscle) and i have a busa and a 600 and i get by just fine on the 6. I actually prefer it cause its more suitable to the city. the busa is no fun cause it wants to do 65+ everywhere.

i weigh 245 (pure muscle) and i have a busa and a 600 and i get by just fine on the 6. I actually prefer it cause its more suitable to the city. the busa is no fun cause it wants to do 65+ everywhere.

n what busa wants, busa gets ? :laugh:

I have to agree with Acehole. I don't care what anybody thinks of me as long as I'm enjoying myself.

Yes I weigh 290 and my gsxr 600 was plenty for me I just wasn't comfortable on long rides thats why I got the Boosta :laugh:

yeah, don't care how i look doin it. So long as I'M gettin a good time out of it :D The Busa will be next, after a few years on the 600...maybe :lol:

I think leg length is more of an issue on the 600 than weight, I am just plain cramped up on the newer 600's.

Yeah, especially the newer 600's seemed to be way more cramped then those of the older versions. I had a 03 GSXR 600 that was almost as comfortable as the Busa, but not quite.:laugh:

Another great bike for someone your size is the sv or a Bandit. I weigh a little over 200 and looking at some 600's for a track bike.

Been riding for about 4 years, and have about 25k miles to my name. I had ridden a few different 600's back when I first started, I was just unsure if they could handle me at my current weight (I was about 210 at that time). Rode a tracked out SV at Heartland Park in Topeka , and it would indeed make a good first bike for a big rider starting out.

600 is more than most can handle on a track anyways....I weigh 300lbs, and love passing lesser riders on bigger bikes.

sure they will leave you on the straights....but a 30 shot of nitrous will help that...lol

600 is more than most can handle on a track anyways....I weigh 300lbs, and love passing lesser riders on bigger bikes.

sure they will leave you on the straights....but a 30 shot of nitrous will help that...lol

I'm a corner junky :D So that would do me just fine

Back