Is a 1999 Hayabusa worth $8000 price?

TRALL

Registered
Hi. I am looking at buying another Hayabusa since I sold my 06 Hayabusa in 2008. I came across a 1999 Copper and Silver Busa with 3300 miles that the owner wont sell for less then $8000 range. The bike is showroom condition and all stock. Original owner. Its on Ebay right now.

Do you think it is worth that much? It has an awesome look to it but for the year the book value is only in the $2000 range.

What I was really looking for is a 2008 Hayabusa with low miles and came across two 2008 deals that were priced to sell fast and both bikes had under a 1000 miles and I hesitated and they both sold.

That is what I have been watching for but I really like the looks of this 1999. I think at $6000 it would be a deal but $8000 range is the high end but it has a great look and colors.

Your thoughts please......

P.S. If you have a 2008 or 2009 with low miles and priced right to sell and are close to Peoria, IL. let me know. I am still looking.
Thanks, Anthony 309-267-7771

Last edited:
Man, that '99 must be in better-than-showroom condition. Sounds like it's priced for a collector who wants The Original. If that's not you, I'll bet you could get a great deal on a new '09.

No.

Get the gen II and dont look back. If its the color you like then get the gen II and paint it with '99 color.

You have to wonder why the 1999 has such low mileage. Was it raced? The price is pretty steep but you get a un-restricted bike!:laugh:

I'd pay that as a collector.

One day it'll be worth far more than that. I suspect.

I agree with vacivus above: for $8K, get a Gen II and paint it the '99 copper

If thats what ya want, an original '99. then yep sure, is. If ya just wanna ride, mod, and enjoy a busa, you can do so for less money.

In my opinion if the bike is in original all stock condition, and thats the bike you want.......it's worth whatever you are willing to pay for it, even $8,000....

But if you for one second have any thought of changing even the slightest thing on that bike......even the simplest of mods, save your money and buy a newer model and mod away....

Unmolested....I believe these bikes will have serious value someday, but mod it and it's just another Busa.......

NADA and Kellyblue prices are not what the bike or car is worth,,,Its a dickeing point for the owner and buyer,,,Car dealerships abuse this to the inocent public,,,,But to answer you question,,,,get what you want,,,its low miles and nice color and cherry shape,,,BUT,,buyer beware,,the 09 had a ton of problems,,....And like stated above,,if your looking for a 99 cherry in that color with low miles unrestricted,,,,then there you go,,,But if you looking for a nice busa to ride,,8K will buy you a nice clean used bike,,or a nice down payment on a new one,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:
thats a collector price, just like others have said one of these days those will be worth a lot more, heck if you like it buy it or get yourself a genII either way u cant go wrong:thumbsup:

Like others said sounds like a "collectors" price...

Which means you don't mod it or ride it an store it to keeps it's value... like a classic car..

As far as it being unrestricted model that only adds maybe a 32.00 value to the bike not the 5 or 6K they asking...:laugh:

Cycle

If you want something to jump on an enjoy keep looking for a newer bike seen 06 -07's out there in great condition for 5-6K or an 08 for a little more:thumbsup:

Its worth it if you plan on buying it as a Collectors bike, I wouldnt want to pay that much and ride it.

Others are right, Some day it will be worth that and more.

Back