Show me your favorite mounting position~!~

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
I am looking at different mounts for a display. Would like to still see the guages. I have a GPR damper on the triple tree so a stem mount is out.

I like the looks of this one if it will fit over the GPR but don't see one for the Hayabusa.

Please show picture and link if available.

mount.jpg

Depending on size of display can't you just use some industrial Velcro on the triple tree?
I stick my iPhone there all the time .
Speed , power wheelies and overpass bumps it stays there .

Maybe it would work for you ?

Depending on size of display can't you just use some industrial Velcro on the triple tree?
I stick my iPhone there all the time .
Speed , power wheelies and overpass bumps it stays there .

Maybe it would work for you ?

I thought of that, but what turns me away from velcro is simply the sticky residue if it does come loose.

I just had a heckuva time cleaning the leather seat in my truck where a piece of strong velcro got too hot and the back melted to the seat.

I thought of that, but what turns me away from velcro is simply the sticky residue if it does come loose.

I just had a heckuva time cleaning the leather seat in my truck where a piece of strong velcro got too hot and the back melted to the seat.

Rubbing alcohol takes that right off.
Must be 90% and not the weaker 70% which has too much water in it .

I've been searching through prior threads and looks like the most popular is the stem mount, but unfortunately that is covered with the GPR.

Whew!

When I saw the title, I thought you were trying to commit Orgicide!

Don't do that to me!:laugh:

Found this set up...I know I've seen a few on here with similar set ups, but search is not pulling them up...

DSC00008[1].JPG

I have a GPR also and I run a Garmin 550. I had a small piece of aluminum 2inches long and a quarter of an inch thick. It might be thinner than that. Most machine shops have some scrap aluminum laying around. The place I got it from charged me five dollars for two of them. He cut them to the size I asked for and drilled a hole in each in. I then went to Ace Hardware and got two bolsts the same size as the forward mount bolts that mount the GPR to the triple tree. I removed the top bolts and replaced with the new longer bolts and added the mounts beneath the triple tree. One on each side. In the 2nd hole on the mount I mounted a 1/2 inch or 1 inch threaded ball. Screwed a bolt up into the threaded ball. Attached the factory Gps swivel mount and positioned the GPS flush on the triple tree on the left. Does not interfere with sight lines or gages. Kinda looks factory. $5 for spacers, $11 dollars for ball, .35 for bolt and lock washer. $8 for 2 bolts. $15 to tap the two bolts because the GPR bolts to them. Will take pics tomorrow in the sunlight if Ihave time. Got the idea from Capt and the Professor. The othe mount will be for a Radar detector. Everything powered by wiring harness by Smith"s Busa Org sponsor.
:welcome::thumbsup::welcome:

I have a GPR also and I run a Garmin 550. I had a small piece of aluminum 2inches long and a quarter of an inch thick. It might be thinner than that. Most machine shops have some scrap aluminum laying around. The place I got it from charged me five dollars for two of them. He cut them to the size I asked for and drilled a hole in each in. I then went to Ace Hardware and got two bolsts the same size as the forward mount bolts that mount the GPR to the triple tree. I removed the top bolts and replaced with the new longer bolts and added the mounts beneath the triple tree. One on each side. In the 2nd hole on the mount I mounted a 1/2 inch or 1 inch threaded ball. Screwed a bolt up into the threaded ball. Attached the factory Gps swivel mount and positioned the GPS flush on the triple tree on the left. Does not interfere with sight lines or gages. Kinda looks factory. $5 for spacers, $11 dollars for ball, .35 for bolt and lock washer. $8 for 2 bolts. $15 to tap the two bolts because the GPR bolts to them. Will take pics tomorrow in the sunlight if Ihave time. Got the idea from Capt and the Professor. The othe mount will be for a Radar detector. Everything powered by wiring harness by Smith"s Busa Org sponsor.
:welcome::thumbsup::welcome:

I would love to see some pictures of your set up~!~

Here's what I need to mount, and even once I figure out a mount system I might go with the velcro Blanca suggested so I can remove it quickly...

100_2039.jpg

If it's on any metal (including chrome) and NOT on leather, paint or plastic, then Goof-Off makes even shorter work of it. :beerchug:

I used a good quality leather cleaner/conditioner. Took a bit but it came off...

Back