Inexpensive leather gear for riding

busaniner

Registered
I came across this manufacturer of 1-piece and 2-piece armored leather racing gear a while ago on ebay and purchased a BMW racing suit - it was well mdae and durable and cost me $269 complete. I have just ordered a 2-piece Suzuki GSX-R suit and the manufacturer, who is based in Pakistan, is puting 'Hayabusa' down both sleeves - again for $269 complete. If anyone is interested, contact Saba at raaidwears@googlemail.com and ask him to send you photos. You can basically design your own!!

interesting, I've heard that alot of the leather suits are made over there. I would want to know exactly what he's making the suits out of (how thick of leather, type of stitching, ect).

Can you post up pictures of your BMW suit?

The website is a bit hit and miss so I would just contact the guy (Saba) directly by email and say that Raymond from Canada referred. you. I should point out that I have no finiancial arrangement with him other than money flowing from me to him for the gear I purchase.

The leather is thick, good quality and the BMW dealer was impressed. I have no complaints about the gear. I got some boots which would not do up properly so he sent me new ones without any fuss and I did not have to return the other ones. When my Hayabusa suit arrives, I will post a photo of bike + leathers

Keep us posted. The low price makes me wonder, but if its a start up company, I could understand.

yea i'd love to see some pics too. I am looking at getting a new pair of leather pants and cant find anything to far from $200.00, just for pants. If you post pics of the 2 piece leathers, for 70 dollars more, I would rather get pants and jacket for $270.00. How long does it take from order till you recieve them and I may have missed it, but how much is shipping??

I would agree that the price for a full race suit is awesome. I however am believer in "Dress for the crash, not the ride."
While the suit might feel comfy while actually riding but how would they hold up in a crash?
That is the whole purpose of the suit in the first place is it not? To protect your butt, not make it look good.
I would be really skeptical of the actually quality unless I saw a suit first hand and researched reviews of how well the suit held up under actual repeated track use.

Not to threadjack, but I too just got a great leather suit from Trackskinz. Never owned a suit before but I compared it to my buddy's low-end Alpinestar and it's pretty much the same. I don't remember exact price, but 5xl suit, gauntlet gloves (very nice too), back protector, & shipping to Hawaii was around $650. Not $200 but still pretty good! The guy that owns the company is a trackrider himself & worked with me to figure out the best suit for my needs (and found a herd of cattle to have enough leather).

I haven't crash tested any of it yet (and really don't want to) but the leather is thick & stitched up properly. The website is pretty slow, but he has ebay. Or email him for all the newest designs/colors

interesting, I've heard that alot of the leather suits are made over there. I would want to know exactly what he's making the suits out of (how thick of leather, type of stitching, ect).

Can you post up pictures of your BMW suit?

There were several vendors from there at the last dealer show in Indy. Most of the stuff displayed looked to be of good quality.

I'm stuck @ a Mazda dealership awaiting repairs. I'll snap a few pictures once I get home, if ever.

*Edit* Sorry for the double post...on the cell. And for a link...just google Trackskinz (not sure if it's just Trackskinz.com). Like mentioned, the site runs very slowly & doesn't have his newest suit designs up there. If you email him, you'll get a quick response.

Last edited:
Here's some pictures of the suit and one of the gloves.

DSC01289.jpg

DSC01291.jpg

DSC01292.jpg

DSC01294.jpg

Back