WooHoo next two oil changes...

Wayneovich

Registered
Are covered I stopped at a local shop today and picked up 7qt's of Motul 300v and 2 K&N oil filters for $100:thumbsup:

Are covered I stopped at a local shop today and picked up 7qt's of Motul 300v and 2 K&N oil filters for $100:thumbsup:

Great price!
How many miles do you have? I changed to Motul at just shy of 14,000, might want to wait for the experts to chime in here.
I waited later than most, but for personal reasons!
Take care bro,
Bubba

Fixing to hit 3K Is there something I need to know ???

I thought someone would jump in and prove me wrong, but here I am, having to self deflate my ego, again.

I had always heard to Break in the engine to at least 5000 miles before using synthetic oil. But as you can see from this article I am showing my ignorance. (I show it a lot because it is one of my more redeeming qualities!)

Looks like you're good to go!:beerchug:

Myth #6 - Engines have to be “broken inâ€￾ before using synthetic oil. I need to break in my engine with non-detergent oil. If I use regular oil or synthetic oil in a new engine, my engine will take longer to break in.
Fact: It was common years ago for engine manufacturers to recommend non-detergent oils for engine break-in. This was when the pistons used cast-iron “square-facedâ€￾ rings and the rings needed to wear some to “seatâ€￾ into the engine. With today’s technology of oils and engine manufacturing, engine manufacturers no longer recommend the use of non-detergent oils for the break-in period. In fact, engines today are factory-filled with high quality API SL performance motor oil, which contains high levels of detergents and dispersant additives.

Give us a post about how the change goes.
Thanks,
Ride safe
Bubba

About what i pay for an oil change on the bike, but the odd thing is..

Camaro, 5.7 liter V8 $28
Durango,4.6 liter V8 $32
Busa, 1.3 liter I4 $53

Make sense outta that:whistle:

Back