Selling my busa

Karsten1987

Registered
I am thinking about selling my busa, i have only had it for a few months, but it seems like SUZUKI and me, can`t be friends, everytime i have a suzuki it`s teases me and gives me problems, then when i sell them, the new owner is happy like a kid in a candy store :O

Should i or should i not sell the bike, now when it`s still low on the mileage??

I may have missed your earlier posts but what year is your Busa? And what issues are you having with it?

It is from 99, sometimes it does`nt turn of the clocks on the dashboard so it is losing power on the battery.

it has only driven, 6750 km. from new, so i do not understand why it happens.

Sounds like I'd keep it and replace the gage cluster. You can get that and other parts on
Ebay, no problem. If you ride it and enjoy it, keep it. If it just sits and gathers dust, then you've
lost the passion, sell it.!!

i will allways have the passion, but everytime i own a suzuki, something allways comes up, it`s a little like i own and old harley or something, allways with a wrench in my hand. Had my honda for a year, drove 12000 km on it, no prob at all.

Got a fellow Busa owner in the area that you can swap panels with just to confirm if it's the panel or not?

If you sell it you should rightfully inform all potential buyers of same issue , right ?
So either way sounds like your gonna have to fix it or ask less than it's worth so next owner can deal with it ?
By asking us it sounds like your unsure and if your unsure then half of you is saying no don't sell .
So get out there a flick it up to about 150 until the other side of you gives in and agrees to keep it :laugh:

Offcours, but the speed is not the only thing that can make me keep it, if it was as reliable as my old cbr, then i would keep it with no doubt.

Yeah, don't give up so easily. Most people get along great with their Busa. And didn't the Danes like ride around in boats with brass helmets and pillage and sack in the good old days? Don't wimp out! ;- )

Tq

Hey bro.
You got a machine that is going on 12 years old. As long as the bike runs good, keep it. Just replace the cluster and ride out. My 02 was a rebuild and I have had no issues. Rebuilt two years ago. Don't let something like a clock stop you from enjoying one of the best machines on two wheels.:thumbsup:

Sounds like a short in the gauge cluster. Could be just a chaffed wire. Check you wiring to the cluster.

I am thinking about selling my busa, i have only had it for a few months, but it seems like SUZUKI and me, can`t be friends, everytime i have a suzuki it`s teases me and gives me problems, then when i sell them, the new owner is happy like a kid in a candy store :O

Should i or should i not sell the bike, now when it`s still low on the mileage??

Funny or not, the only reason I bought the Hayabusa, was because of the 12 years of absolute reliability of The Suzuki brand.

I was, and still am, a Kawasaki fan. I have been into both engines and admire the engines and designs.

But, I have to say the Suzuki is, in my opinion, a better all around bike and will outlast the others.
Just my 2
Bubba

I concur,,Fix it,,Probually in the clusters,,,,Its a low mileage bike,,,sounds like half of you want to keep it,,,either way by fixing it,,It will bring good money anyway,,I hate tire kickers,,negociate is fine but no tire kickers,,,either way Fix the problem,,hopefully cheap,,,ride it some{ It aint eating nothing,,sounds like its paid for]] after riding her fixed,,then make you decision,,,,,best wishes,,,,,,,

Every bike and brand are gonna require some maintenance... The fact that yours is a 99 means it might need a little more... But I wouldn't give up on her, and if you're gonna sell her, you had best fix the problem first anyways. So like everyone else is saying, try swapping the clusters first and check your wiring... This is most likely a really small and cheap thing that is giving you all this trouble.
:beerchug:

Back