First time Busa Owner - Ride Suggestions

WipeoutXXL

Registered
I have been riding since 2003, I was hit on my 2003 R6 and after I got out of the hospital I sold it. Waiting about 2 months and got myself a GSXR750. I loaned a buddy of mine money and the only think he owned outright as collateral was a 2002 Busa. Made him sign an IOU and I gave him 3 years to pay me back.

I now have a 2002 Busa and a GSXR750 and I don't know why I didn't get one to start. I always told myself I have to earn my way to get to own one. I guess I seem to have accelerated the process. Being used to the little bikes over the big bikes took about 1200-1500 miles and now I feel I can never ride the same. Thinking about trading in the 2006 and the 2002 for a brand new 2009-2010 model but not if there is NO big upgrade or benefit. The 2002 gets better mileage then my 750. I am pulling about 42-46 miles per gallon while on the 750 I get about 35-37 MPG.

I'm looking for you experienced guys to answer this and honestly tell me if such an upgrade is with it from a 2002 to a 2010. I would have never considered such a big bike but based on the circumstances I came across it and now think it's the best thing that has ever happened in my riding career.

Welcome to the oRg! After riding the busa, you will be wringing the neck of any other bike you ride to make it feel the same. I cant answer your question because I dont have a Gen II, but good luck with your decision, you cant go wrong either way. :welcome:

:welcome: to the Org and the madness that will ensue!

My best advise is to ride the 750 and get your wings back. I know after a get-off, you need a little saddle time to get back to your old self.

Ride the Busa when YOU feel comfortable and let that right wrist get used to the power.
I have only owned a Gen II, But from what I have heard the Gen I is a little less linear on the power.

Get used to the Gen I and Gen II will be a breeze.

Others with more, will chime in shorty.

Now, pull over to the right - the Pic Police are on their way!:laugh:

Good luck, and Ride safe,
Bubba

The Gen I will be a classic. The Gen II has its advantages, but a Gen III is probably on the way making the II more obsolete than a I, but hey, YMMV...

For my two cents worth, I'd keep both bikes and enjoy riding both of them.
If you don't think you'd ride the 750 anymore and you're totally in love with the Gen II,
then go for it. My motto is, "If you don't love her, don't bring her home".!! :laugh:

The 750 and the 1300 are IMO two different animals,,,,Honestly,,take the advice that the guys above me are trying to give,,,follow you heart and be happy,,either keep both,,I know a dealer who has a garage full of diffent bikes,, and no one said you gotta make a dicesion now,,,sleep on it,,I have a genI and a gen II is a beaut as well,,,if the one you have has been taken care of and you like it,,why fix whats not broken,,,or if you fancy the new gen,,sell the two and get what you want,,,,,best wishes

see if you can test ride a Gen II, might help you decide to hold on to the Gen I or not.
P.S. I had an '01 and currently own an '08. IMHO, the Gen II is a "better" bike overall.

if you never ride a gen2, your 02 will be just fine. I made the mistake of riding one up a driveway, and now I want a gen2. They are a better bike, evolution does that, but what you dont know wont hurt ya.

If you feel the Gen I was much more your type of bike vs the 750 then you'll definetly enjoy the Gen II.

If it were me I would keep both of them. Big bikes are fun but small bikes are fun too.

Like these guys said--keep 'em both for awhile until you decide exactly what you want. For my $.02--I've owned both a Gen I and now a Gen II--after owning and riding both--I'd not want to go back to the Gen I.

I would keep both for awhile, test drive a Gen II (which after I'm sure you'll want one :laugh:) Then make a decision from there.

Back