Dupont teflon Lube

My buddy and I used the amsoil chain lube when we did our trip down to kentucky. 530 miles roughly and it was still doing its job. Much better then the stuff we got from the bike store.

I don't like it, it sprays out in a stream.

I think I will stick to my Maxima chain wax.

It's the end result that counts. Here it is untouched after 500 miles of riding. Again, I took this one at the gas station before heading home. Good luck with Maxima.
4612248914_1d4c893435_b.jpg

It's at this gas station.
4612245594_8b6cfdb74e_b.jpg

I don't like it, it sprays out in a stream.

I think I will stick to my Maxima chain wax.

Did you have a piece of shop towel held on the other side of the chain while you sprayed? That's what I do so it won't spray all over the place. As soon as I spray 3-4 links at a time, I wipe off the excess right away.

Oooops!!! I forgot to mention....as you can see on the first pic, there's no fling anywhere. I love keeping my bike/wheels clean.:beerchug:

How on earth do you start to clean a chain? I bought my used bike (CB400) a couple of months ago and have begun to clean it up. I do not want to overclean the chain and take away any essential lubes, but want it to be as clean as yours Sleepless.

I spray the chain on the bottom, rather than the top where it get overspray on the bike. Any excess goes on the ground:thumbsup: (Aim just behind the belly wing)

How on earth do you start to clean a chain? I bought my used bike (CB400) a couple of months ago and have begun to clean it up. I do not want to overclean the chain and take away any essential lubes, but want it to be as clean as yours Sleepless.

Use Kerosene and a clean rag, it will make your chain look like new. Then lube with the lube of your choice. Then wipe dry with a clean rag. Done!

Last edited:

I used to clean with WD-40 and a shop towel. It's best to do it after a ride while the chain's still warm. I've never tried kerosene before. Since I found out about the Dupont chain lube, that's all I use because the chain doesn't get that dirty anymore. It not only lubes it....it cleans it, too.

If you didn't like the Dupont, then something your doing is wrong. It goes on easy, with a rag behind the chain, self cleans by spraying it until you have some run off, and it stays very clean for the next 800 miles. No fling off, no mess on wheels, no greasy chain, and no dirt stuck onto the chain. Remember, it is nothing like the Maxima which I had and threw away. It is like comparing a new Corvette to a Model T. It revolutionized chain lubes for bikes. Takes a new mind set to see a chain that nice and clean all the time.

If you didn't like the Dupont, then something your doing is wrong. It goes on easy, with a rag behind the chain, self cleans by spraying it until you have some run off, and it stays very clean for the next 800 miles. No fling off, no mess on wheels, no greasy chain, and no dirt stuck onto the chain. Remember, it is nothing like the Maxima which I had and threw away. It is like comparing a new Corvette to a Model T. It revolutionized chain lubes for bikes. Takes a new mind set to see a chain that nice and clean all the time.

I also have cans and I mean cans of Maxima, Motul, and other chain wax that I stopped using after trying the Dupont. I haven't thrown them away yet but I wouldn't use them again.....ever.

That's hilarious, "Sell em to kawi riders"..!! :rofl:
There's a lot of diff ways to clean a chain. Tooth brush and kerosene or charcoal lighter fluid works
good. I cleaned mine with S-100 and then rinsed it off with the hose and blew it off with the
compressor.

Thank for the tips! I'll do a clean up and show before/after pics. Hopefully I can find some of the Dupont chain wax here on the rock!

Back