Well the time has come!

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Nine months of over 110 miles weekly on mountain and road bikes (bicycles) will culminate @ 5am on Monday June 14 when my riding buddy and I depart Reno for the North Rim of the Grand Canyon.....we call it "8 centuries in 8 days". Total vertical for the 8 days=23,000 feet.
I started out training in October 09 at 260 pounds, I'm now at 210 and feel pretty darn good, I said at the onset if I'm gonna do this, I will not fail because of lack of conditioning!
My trailer, fully loaded, comes in @ 49 pounds, not a big deal on the levels but when in mountain country, it'll make itself known! It'll be worth it each time I make camp with the comfort items I am bringing. Oh, that morning coffee will taste good!
Anyways, I'll be back on line in early July AND really am looking forward to being at the 2010 STAMPEDE. Until then, take care my friends. Doyle

P1030437.JPG

P1030525.JPG

Sounds like your in the best shape you can be and equipment is up to par too. Be safe, have fun, and take lots of pics:thumbsup:

take lots of pics when you can, be safe, enjoy yourself and above all else HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!! You've already earned it and it's gonna be fanmantastically fabulous. :thumbsup::cheerleader::bowdown:

Hate to sound like a broken record but good luck, have fun and stay safe!

Oh and don't forget to take a bunch of pixs for us!!:cheerleader:

Best wishes for a great trip, Doyle.

I'll be looking for great reports along the way.

What a monumental undertaking!

Stay safe out there, brother.

Doyle, lighten up your pack, leave the blow dryer and hair gel at home ... :beerchug:

Take lots of pics for us and have fun my friend. :bowdown:

best of luck to you...have a great time, you've paid the price so now you can reap the rewards! :beerchug:

Thanks so much everybody, I got 1000 songs on my ipod (yes, including Lady Gaga) and a little rearview mirror that hooks onto my sunglasses, there's something comforting knowing what's approaching from the rear! Early morning hours and route choices should keep traffic to a minimum. (and I am heavily armed!) Doyle

Back